erosion

hebennett
on 2/4/09 10:20 am
has anybody here had erosion from the lapband ,and what were your symptoms.any help would be great.
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/09 6:46 pm - AZ
On February 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, hebennett wrote:
has anybody here had erosion from the lapband ,and what were your symptoms.any help would be great.

Usually people notice an extreme lack of restriction.  Even with an overfilled band there is still no restriction.

Another one is a port site infection.  The bacteria travel from the, up the tubing, and then your stomach.

Do you think you have eroded?  If so, why?

hebennett
on 2/11/09 10:27 am

No I don't think I have eroded, but I heard that that was a discription of what to look for. but nothing else applies. So my nurse said she didn't think so either and is not in a hurry (emergancy) to see me. what I'm hoping for is just maybe a leak. not worst case. So I will find out more on the 16th.  haven't seen you post much lately are you on a different board?

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 1:15 am - AZ
On February 11, 2009 at 6:27 PM Pacific Time, hebennett wrote:

No I don't think I have eroded, but I heard that that was a discription of what to look for. but nothing else applies. So my nurse said she didn't think so either and is not in a hurry (emergancy) to see me. what I'm hoping for is just maybe a leak. not worst case. So I will find out more on the 16th.  haven't seen you post much lately are you on a different board?

Usually after someone is banded from months 0-3 they worry they slipped.  Then from months 3-6 erosion worries set in.  It's a pattern I've seen (and experienced).  Erosion is not common, it happens but not often.

I started getting slam dunked at work around Thanksgiving.  Just no time to post much.

Most Active