wls

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/09 1:46 pm, edited 2/3/09 12:17 am - Togo

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/09 2:09 pm - AZ
Hi Coconut678,

Maybe because no one has replied to you is because you have been so rude in the past to other posters. I don't want to harp on that any more.  Before I had my revision in this past July 2, 2008 my support group that I attend was having a bunch of protein tasting parties. We had about 10 blender's going at the same time. We had little dixie cups and everyone got to taste every ones favorite protein drinks. It was alot of fun. Everyone had their recipe cards and wrote how to make all their favorite protein drinks. You should ask your support group to have a tasting party before you get your lap band. I wish you good luck !

PekinSal
on 2/2/09 7:38 pm - UK
Check out the internet for protein powders - they will ship them almost anywhere so you should be ok. They sell them as 'bodybuilding' aids a lot, but don't let that put you off!

The ones with whey protein are the best, but if you have problems with milk products then there are ones made with eggs and soya. Also you can get protein 'shots' which are smaller - you might find these easier to keep down if you have tight restriction. I always found getting cold liquids down was quite a problem, so you might want to find a flavour you can add to hot drinks.

The hardest thing is finding one that you like the taste of...

DS revision from failed lapband

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/09 8:02 am, edited 2/3/09 8:03 am - Togo
PekinSal: Thanks for posting. That's informative. 

Most Active