EATING EATING EATING

SheriAZ
on 2/8/09 1:32 am
Well if this is how the surgery is suppose to work for both of us it certainly is.I know what you mean on all points. There are times when I don't think Ill make it to the bathroom on time I have not done raw veggies yet and no fruit except bananas. Weight is at a standstill right now but that will change too.
PekinSal
on 2/8/09 5:49 am - UK
Here are some ideas from the internally-challenged over on the DS board !

1) Avoid all white pasta and flour and rice. Brown versions are sometimes better, but don't try them for now
2) Cut out dairy products for a week to see if you are sensitive to milk products. This would include your cottage cheese, cheese roll, latte and butter. Add them back in one at a time - if you react you'll know it (buy a good book, you may be on the toilet for a while).
3) Reduce the amount of fat you eat (although you don't seem to be having that much)
4) Take a probiotic - something with billions of bacteria are good ones
5) Try eating nuts - they have a lot of fibre and protein, and 'bulk you up' in the BM department
6) If none of these work, talk to your surgeon - you may have an imbalance in your gut bacteria and need a course of flagyl to kill the little buggers off. Then you take probiotics to replace them with good bacteria

Sometimes finding the cause of this can be trial and error - it changes over the months too! Initially I was really sensitive to white flour (I'd get cramps 2 hours later) but now its about 24 hours and not quite so explosive...

For more discussions of poo please feel free to post on the DS board - we have no shame!

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active