I am 20 Days Post Op Gastric BiPass and

robbylynne1434
on 2/2/09 1:32 am - Colorado Springd
I have lost 25 pounds thus far.  The past few days I haven't lost anything?  It is kind of scaring me a bit.  I know it's still so soon after my surgery, but I am still afraid of failure I guess.  Is this pause in loss normal?

Thanks,

Robin

pjukawil
on 2/2/09 1:52 am - Davison, MI
Trust me everybody loses differently, and after having lost 25 lbs that is great!  I had my surgery Nov 10 of last year, and have only lost 20 thus far...and I have played it by the books!  it will come off...be patient...it is not a failure.  do you exercise regularly?

robbylynne1434
on 2/2/09 1:57 am - Colorado Springd
I had my surgery 20 days ago, my Dr. doesn't want me to exercise yet.  I'm not through recovering.
GoldFish
on 2/2/09 1:58 am
 Try not to weigh yourself so often. Try once a month or if you have to every other week. Less than that I think you are setting yourself up for disapointment....best of luck
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/09 3:13 am - Woodbridge, VA
When, without surgery, have you been able to lose and keep off 25 pounds in only 20 days?! Take a deep breath, step away from the scale, and be patient.
nurse4lyph
on 2/5/09 9:38 am
ditto to Jillys response----  be patient grasshopper....

You will do GREAT 
Victory shall be mine -
Irem170
on 2/7/09 12:17 am - Fresno, CA
Hi Robin,

I am 21 days post op as well and I have lost 26 lbs so far. Saw doc the other day and and he said I was on track. I was worried as well because I had only lost 4lbs in two weeks. He asked me what I was eating and how often and if I had felt hungry. Me personally not feeling hungry an only eating soft foods breakfast, lunch and dinner. He asked me why? I replied thought I was suppose to. He said eat only to get your portien in for now. But as someone else said we all loose differently and our doctors are all different too. I have been told that revision surgery weight loss is slower than the first time around. I hope this helps. Good luck to you
Meri

cuppyb
on 2/7/09 12:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
Your doing fine.  Try not to focus too much on the scale and instead look at protein & water intake.  I was totally scale obsessed with my band, now with my RNY revision I only weigh in once a week and on my Wii Fit.  That tracks it all for me.  Some weeks I lose more than others, but what I'm watching is the way my clothes fit, and if I am getting my protein - fiber - calorie mix correctly. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Most Active