wls

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/09 5:11 pm, edited 2/3/09 12:19 am - Togo

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/09 2:14 pm - AZ
I bet if you go to the Lap band forum  and ask other lap bamders  they could help you out. I have a ERNY and know nothing about lap bands. Good Luck...
PekinSal
on 2/2/09 7:53 pm - UK
Praying might work. Then again it might not...

What they aren't giving you a visual aid for is the PBing of anything cold or solid before mid-morning, the reflux in the evenings, the rejection of most protein foods and the ease with which ice cream will slide through that hole...

I realise this sounds harsh but I am one of the 50% of patients it didn't work for. Hopefully you'll be in the good half...

DS revision from failed lapband

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/09 8:09 am - Togo
PekinSal - my doctor told me that the band tends to be tight in the morning - i think because of the material it's made of. so i am to start out with something warm in the morning to help open it up. i am to give it time to expand to what it is supposed to be.

sorry it didn't work for you. i hope my experience is better, but i will see. 

bjsoupy
on 2/5/09 2:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
PekinSal,

I am one too.  That is why I am considering a revision from Lap to VSG. 

There are also times that I can't even drink a cup of tea or water in the morning.  This is despite having fluid removed from my band more than a year ago. 

After Pbing 5 or 6 times a day and the pain when something does go down...I can't wait to get rid of my band.  I can eat ice cream and sometimes that is all I can eat in a day.    I have acid reflux so bad I can't sleep at night and now I am on acid reflux medication.

I know the band works for some people but I was not one of them.   The Doctor told me it was a tool and not a solution.  This makes me feel even worse since it is not working for me.

PekinSal
on 2/5/09 4:22 am - UK
Aww life is much easier with a sleeve, honestly. There has been no type of food that I haven't been able to eat (after the immediate post-op phase) so you are able to actually make healthy choices and eat protein. Temperature makes no difference either - I can eat and drink hot and cold, although too much hot tea on a full stomach is a bit dodgy - not enough room for all of it at once!

The 'tool' thing only works when the tool isn't broken/put in wrong/designed badly in the first place, so it isn't your fault. I can't tell whether a sleeve without the DS bit would have been enough for me (I had the DS bit for diabetes anyway) but losing 90lbs in 10 months compared to 20 pounds in 2 years with the band says it all for me.

DS revision from failed lapband

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/09 6:37 am
Why is the original post missing on both of her posts? This happens allot.
Lorie2
on 2/3/09 7:34 am
I don't know about anyone else but I never can see coconuts posts??
nurse4lyph
on 2/3/09 9:12 am
Yeah I only see a rose
Victory shall be mine -
JRinAZ
on 2/4/09 12:41 am - Layton, UT
It seems she chooses to delete them after she posts them.  You may check your list of friends or your profile to see if you have accidentally hit the block button?  But, if you see her avatar on the board and not her verbage then it's her choice.   ....  2nd thoughts after hitting the send perhaps? 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active