I am doing great! 2 weeks since sclerotherapy

Linda .
on 8/8/09 3:35 pm - Gilroy, CA

Hi,

I had RNY in 1981.  I started at 329; lost to 185, regained to 325 three years ago; and have fought my way back down to 280 this year.

I'm looking into this procedure and would love to hear updates from anyone who has had it.

Also, any guidance on finding a doctor?  I live in Northern California.

Thanks

neckofthewoods
on 9/12/09 2:06 pm - Seattle, WA
I had 2 rounds of sclerotherapy revision, not sure if its recommended for RNY only...Dr. Kozarek at Virginia mason Seattle, WA is wonder full his office will advise.
Insurance paid for most I will post the charges to me when I figure them out.
First round they inserted pins or clamps/metal and injected the Morrhuate (sp) its a fatty acid that causes scar tissue and swelling in the exit jejeunem (sp) of the pouch or stomach.
Thus reducing the outlet size/circumference.
The first one worked great as far as not hungry one week solid, feeling really full and really full fast BUT the second one felt hungry three days after and you cant eat a bite for 7 days! 
Was Hungary and snacking and uneven as far as portions, had pain and vomiting when I ate too fast a bite or two and must of screwed it up !?!?! I will check with the doc and post again I am thinking of a third txt and just need to learn NOT to stretch that pouch? Anyone else out there with this struggle?
I am HUGE! Feeling like the real biggest loser not in a good way! 
Jen Seattle
smfsod
on 10/11/09 7:29 am
I thought each round of sclerotherapy built on the last one.  Shouldn't you be feeling less hungry after thye 2nd round?  My second one is scheduled for Dec. 23. 
angelcook5
on 1/23/10 11:37 pm
hello, I am in the process of having this procedure and wanted to see if you would give me some info,is it covered by insurance...Did hunger stop,Did you get the tightness....How much have you lost and in what time period
sherriblatt
on 1/31/10 11:47 pm

i had sclerotherapy two weeks ago and have lost NOTHING...im so freaking discouraged...i was on full liquid for4 a week and then purred this week.

can you offer anywords of encouragement,
my emai is

[email protected]

thank you so much

sherriblatt
on 2/1/10 12:13 am

I had sclerotherapy done and I've lost nothing, i'm on my second week and purreed food.

can you offer any suggestions

my email is

[email protected]

annrenee black
on 2/1/10 2:09 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Sherri,

I was just wondering are you water loading and making sure to only eat 30 minutes after drinking and then waiting at least an hour or so to drink after eating?  Also can you tell a difference in your clothes?   Did you get the max scarring agent?  My doc gave me the max because  basically the food was rushing out of my pouch and into my small intestines.  He said I was one of the fastest emptiers he'd seen.  Lets keep in touch and please dont give up.
Morgan
annrenee black
on 2/1/10 1:54 am - Dallas, TX
I had sclerotherapy last Tuesday and have lost about 6 pounds.  I was on a liquid diet for 2 days.  I think the key is pumping water and waiting the proper times to eat.  I go to my surgeon on Wednesday and hopefully he says I need another treatment.  I wait 30 minutes to 1 1/2 after I drink to eat and the same before I drink again.  I also make sure not to take over 20 minutes to eat.  We'll see how it all works out.  I plan to start exercising again this week.   the weight seems to be falling off of my tummy.  I'm pretty excited.  I'm also following the pouch rules, sticking with lean meats uping my protein , no nuts, no crackers ( well maybe a few), etc.   Lets keep each other informed.

300 heaviest
169 lowest
177 after the baby
200 weight before therapy
194 now
165 prayerfully  at some point
sherriblatt
on 2/1/10 3:52 am

Morgan,

thank you  sooo much for saying that, here's where I'm at...

i had sclerotherapy Jan 22, I stayed on full liquids for one week, no freaking cheating......i drank alot of protein shakes and was just like I was on post gastric bypass.  I'm now on pureed and I've had soo soo much water.  can't figure it out!

very upsetting to my soul! 

annrenee black
on 2/2/10 3:51 am - Dallas, TX
Hey Sherri,
Have you gone back to your surgeon yet and if so what has he said.   I think sometimes our bodies get defiant and just don't want to give up the weight.   Are you losing inches can you tell with your clothes.....My belly seems to be doing something which is where I carry my weight.  Also my surgeon gave me the maximum amount of scarring agent..... I feel the resriction more and more each day.   My pouch is relatively small it still only holds about 4 oz, so I'm sure those are major factors.  Girl you may wake up tomorrow and be 15 pounds lighter, the body can't hold on to fat forever especially when the pouch kicks in.   We need a sclerotherapy forum,
Most Active