I am doing great! 2 weeks since sclerotherapy

mahmera
on 2/13/09 2:30 am
how would I find a doctor in Michigan who performs sclerotherapy ????
dhotham1
on 3/22/09 12:50 pm - Brownstown, MI
Dr mark Pleatman performs this procedure.  He is located at 43494 Woodward Ave in Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302.  His office number is 248 334-5444.  I just had my consult with him last week.  I am scheduled to have this done next week and am looking for amyone who has already had it done.
Debi                                                                                               
mahmera
on 3/23/09 12:23 am
Thank you I have been waiting to hear from someone who had the procedure, please tell me did insurance pay if not what is the cost ?  what is the criteria  ( like your stoma has to have stretched to a certain diamiter )
veela43
on 3/3/09 11:05 am - Philippines
hi, would you know what was used as a scarring agent? i just had mine a few days ago and i don't really feel restrictions. thanks
malinda444
on 4/15/09 10:04 am - MA
if anyone is interested, i had the sclerotherapy procedure yesterday with Dr.Thompson. im alittle uncomfortable, and tired. it feels like ive swallowed a large rock, but not really painfull. 

i had the RNY in 2001, went from 275 lbs to 150 lbs ive gained 40 lbs in the past 3-4 years bringing me to 190 im not very happy with my weight, so i looked into the sclerotherapy.

Dr. Thompson is amazing, great bedside manner! he told me he was able to bring my stoma from 25mm to 6mm....i love Dr. Thompson!! im sure once the swelling goes down it will be alittle larger, but im happy for now. im on a liquid diet for 2 weeks, and right now i have NO desire to put anything into my stomach.

if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask....

Malinda

hyenk3
on 10/15/10 12:05 am - Hfd, CT
RNY on 11/11/02 with
Hi Malinda -

It's been a year for you.  How are things going?  Are you happy with the results?  Still feeling restriction like we were post RNY?

I'm seeing Dr. Thompson next month for the schlerotherapy and am eager to hear your experience.  If you want to send a note directly to me at my personal e-mail it's:  [email protected].

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

AK
CHRISTINE
BEARDSLEY JOB

on 5/10/09 12:34 pm - Atlanta, GA
I saw your post and I was wondering how you feel about it all now?  I am having the procedure on Wed wondering what to expect.

Thanks!
RNY2002
on 5/11/09 1:04 am - MA
Hi.

I'm doing great and am so happy that I finally have my restriction back!  I love not being hungry all the time and only having to eat small portions!!!

You will do great, I'm sure.  :)  Don't forget that it could take as many as three injections to get the proper "scarring" needed to work.  That's what it was in my case.
tturner
on 5/18/09 3:41 am - Hazelwood, MO
Hello, I just had this procedure last week.  Still a bit sore feels like I have overdone it with situps :)  Did it take all 3 procedures before you felt the restriction?  Did you have to be on a liquid diet after the procedure?   Thank you.
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 4:19 pm
 Hi...I'm scheduled for sclerotherapy in a few weeks...wondering how you were doing now? 
Thanks
Amanda
Most Active