I am doing great! 2 weeks since sclerotherapy

sunshine04
on 11/29/09 10:53 pm
I am scheduled to have endoscopic schlerotherapy this wednesday with dr. thompson in boston.  Can anyone tell me their experience with this procedure? Thank you!
hyenk3
on 10/15/10 12:00 am - Hfd, CT
RNY on 11/11/02 with
This was almost a year ago.  How'd it go for you?

I'm scheduled to have sclerotherapy with him as well - next month. 

Looking forward to your response.

AK
505dardar
on 1/28/09 3:27 am - albuquerque, NM
I'm not sure what sclerotherapy is and does it only work for rny revisons or other revisions as well.
Debbie M.
on 1/28/09 5:21 am
Dar,
I'm all over it, I'll make a few calls and see what I can find out, let's be sure to compare notes.  Can't wait to learn more about it.
Talk soon,
Deb

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

mildstorm
on 2/1/09 9:00 am - Collinsville, OK
I'm looking at a revision, I have the dr consult this coming friday, what is a sclerotherapy?

Susan < Mildstorm>

Julia G.
on 2/5/09 8:01 am - Bakersfield, CA
Is Sclerotherapy the same as Stomaphyx?

My doctor has offered Stomaphyx for me - he says he goes in edoscopically and basically tightenes the pouch.

He did not mention more than one procedure.

I feel fat.  I was about 300 lbs and 5'2 when I had Gastric Bypass is 2004.  I lost a little over 100 lbs but no more.  I ran, i ate well but nothing.  I stayed at just under 200 lbs. (from 193-197) for a long time.  But then I got married, had a baby, had another baby, moved back home where I use my car a lot more, etc.  I'm at 215-220 and I can't go down.  Once I went down to 210 but it only lasted a week.  I even had a colonoscopy last week and i thought i would be all clean and lean - nope.  didnt lose one pound.

How do I get back on track?
RNY2002
on 2/5/09 9:55 pm - MA
Sclerotherapy is a procedure in which the Dr. goes into your pouch through your mouth with a scope and injects a scarring agent to make your stoma smaller.  If in fact your stoma has enlarged over time, sclerotherapy may be an option for you.  It is different than Stomaphyx in that with Stomaphyx, they sew the stoma smaller.  With the procedure I had, they inject a scarring gel into the stoma that closes it up permanently. The beauty of sclerotherapy is that insurance covers it. 

I had my procedure done on Jan. 13 and I've lost 23 lbs. as of this morning!
Julia G.
on 2/6/09 12:29 am - Bakersfield, CA
Congratulations!  You must be so excited!!

I look forward to something that will work for me.  I feel RNY helped - it helped a lot....but I feel it slipping away. 

What insurance do you have?  Does it have to be pre-approved or just go in and do it?  What is the down time for work?
RNY2002
on 2/6/09 12:33 am - MA
I have Tufts.  The procedure is just a simple endoscopy with injection.  It's quick (20 min.) and inexpensive!  You stay in the hospital for about 3 hours (done under light sedation) and then go home.  I went to work the next day.  Simple! 

Here's the catch...good luck finding a Dr. who performs the procedure.  They are rare.
Julia G.
on 2/6/09 4:00 am - Bakersfield, CA
Do you know why they don't perform this procedure as much?
Most Active