Who has had an RNY to revision RNY?

Nicole S.
on 1/27/09 7:08 am - Fort Worth, TX

I have heard that the second time around it is harder to lose?

Think going from distal to proximal? Or what ever is short to long... also making my pouch smaller since it stretched.

Any success stories?

Thanks,

Nicole

God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you and to make you into the person you were meant to be...

Irem170
on 1/27/09 9:35 am - Fresno, CA
Hi,

I am 14 days post op from a RNY to RNY. I have already lost 21 lbs!!  I had 2 ulcers & 2 hernia's removed. When they were in there they found out that my pouch was 3 times the normal size that my  new doctor does. So my org. surgeon didn't make my pouch small enough. My recovery  has been pretty non eventful so far. Good luck

Meri
RNY 7/7/03
170 lb lost
Revision 1/14/09
21 lbs lost so far

lalala2
on 1/29/09 10:03 am - Winnetka, CA
Meri,
I'm thinking of going the same route RNY to RNY.  Did they perform it open or lap?  Glad you are having some good success !  Let us know how it goes.

lalala2
Irem170
on 1/30/09 4:21 am - Fresno, CA
Hi,
They performed it Lap and I was in for about 2 1/2 hours. I was at home less than 24 hrs after surgery. Quick I thought but all is good. Good luck to you.

jtrandall
on 2/7/09 5:59 am - TX
Have you given any though to the DS?  From my research a RNY revision to RNY does not have great results.  The RNY to DS is a a riskier surgery but the rewards are at least worth looking into.

Jim
Most Active