RANT - work is driving me nuts

jillagin2000
on 1/27/09 3:54 am
It's like they've planned for several train wrecks to happen this week.  I can see them barreling down on me and I have to deal with them before I can prepare my stuff and my cover person for me to be gone!!! 
Oh, and there's a reorg happening, I think I'll not get laid off but you can never be absolutely sure. 
Oh, and there's the potential of a union strike, I'm management and not supposed to take time off right now 'cause they might need me to work at my contingency position. 

I'm sooooo stressed!!!  I'm worried that I'm making the right decision.  I'm worried about surgical complications.  I'm worried that my parents are spending too much money on their fixed budget to come help me through this.  I'm worried that every cough might be an upper respiratory infection that will cause a delay.  I've been through this before and I know it's not that bad but I'm worried that the pain will be too much!

I tell you I'm looking forward to time off!!!  I  just wish I could get a Rx for xanax along with the pain killers - thanks for listening to me.

310/285/164/145
Highest/Surgery #1/Current/GOAL

stina1979
on 1/27/09 4:38 am - OH
Jillian, I kind of feel your pain, just on a different level...  I will jump in and "rant" with you...  I was secretly told on Friday by my trainer, that I am being laid off by the end of this week!!!  She made me promise not to tell Management that I have been apprised of the situation, as she just wanted to give me a friendly head-up and give me the opportunity to start looking for another job in addition to being caught off-guard.  Needless to say, this week has been booty.

Okay, I'm done for now.

P.S. when is your surgery?

Kristina
Kristina
jillagin2000
on 1/27/09 4:49 am
I guess it's true that misery loves company 'cause that strangely made me feel a bit better.  Nice to know I'm not alone and I'm so sorry for your impending bad news.  What jerks, why the heck do they have to wait until Friday, I want as much notice as I can get thank you!!!

My surgery is next week, Wednesday.  I'm kinda on pins and needles really.  My original surgery was my first big one but since then I've had a mastectomy and a two stage breast reconstruction so I'm almost old hat about surgery now.  Still a bit freaky though.

310/285/164/145

stina1979
on 1/27/09 5:24 am - OH
First off let me apologize for calling you "Jillian", I'm guessing that you are Jill? 

What are you being revised to?  I actually remember meeting with your surgeon years ago when I lived in Pittsburgh.  I had my RNY done in 2001 by Dr. Philip Schauer's team at UPMC Presby -  he has since moved on to Cleveland. 

The sickening thing is that I'm not allowed to tell anyone that I know.  So I have to act normal!  *******S!!!

Kristina
Kristina
jillagin2000
on 1/27/09 11:57 pm
That's OK -- I'll answer to Hey You so Jillian is just fine :-)  I am Jill and happy to meet you :-)

I had a band, it's slipped, and I'm getting RNY on 2/4. 

I really wish you weren't going through all that at work!  Why the heck can't they just tell you, in a week we're going to have to let you go?  Give you the heads up officially that you now have via rumor and have to be all cloak and dagger about?  I feel for you!

310/285/164/145

Most Active