Revision RNY to DS???

nurse4lyph
on 1/26/09 9:53 am

Has anyone here had a succesful revision RNY to DS ????

Victory shall be mine -
Debbie M.
on 1/26/09 10:27 am
Hi -
I'm working on it.  Had an RNY in 2002 - lost weight/gained weight.  Now looking for a revision to a DS.  I've met with a surgeon in the SF Area and am now going through all the pre-op tests then hope to submit to insurance.

There are some people on the DS board to have - you should post this there as well.  I'm sure they'd be happy to share their experience.

Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

nurse4lyph
on 1/26/09 11:20 am
Thank you so much -- I did post there as well --- 

I had RNY in 2001. I have talked to Dr. Greenabum in NJ..... and still in the begining stages.

Good luck...
Victory shall be mine -
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/26/09 5:51 pm
There are many who have revised to the DS from all other surgeries who post regularly on the DS board. Ask this there since most don't check in on this board. They are a knowledgeable and helpful group.
leslieanne729
on 1/30/09 11:12 am
ME ME ME....Dr Greenbaum did my revision to the DS in 2007. I had the RNY in 2002 lost 100lbs gained every pound back too.....Revisions are tricky make sure you have an experienced surgeon. I was thrilled with Dr Greenbaum even though I had some complications. There are a few of his revision patients who post on the DS forum regularly and they are all thrilled with his skills and his caring demeanor. He even takes on the rought cases other doctors turn away. Tina is his insurance girl, she knows her stuff she'll get you approved as long as you follow your insurance guidelines and jump thought the hoops. Best of luck on your journey
Ciao Leslie
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
nurse4lyph
on 1/30/09 8:47 pm
Thank-you!!!!

I am going to Dr. Greenbaum as well. I am very excited but scared all in one!
Victory shall be mine -
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/09 8:39 am - TX
Me, me, me.. good luck with your consult with Dr. G. He's done many successful DS and revisions to the DS.
Most Active