anybody hate their revision to DS?

fatty_fatty_fat_fat
on 1/25/09 2:58 am
just started looking at the DS for the first time today. i need a revision of a failed rny. has anybody here gone from rny to ds and regretted it?
KRWaters
on 1/25/09 4:06 am - Manteca, CA
Please come to the DS board and ask your questions. DSers have a lot of information for you.
Best of luck to you.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Kathy H.
on 1/25/09 4:15 am - Kent, WA
I can't answer your question, but I'd love to see you post this on the DS board. There are RNY-to-DS revisions that post there. They might miss your post, here.

Please be sure to choose your surgeon carefully ... revisions are very tricky, and you need someone with lots of experience in both DS **and** revisions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Valerie G.
on 1/25/09 5:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
You'll be hard pressed to find a DSer with regrets.  Come over to the DS forum and make friends.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lauralisi
on 1/25/09 5:30 am - Dona Ana, NM
I failed my rny too.  I have been actively researching a revision for close to 1 year.  I have yet to encounter anyone who has regretted the DS.  They may exist, but I have not heard of them.

Best of luck to you in your search.
stina1979
on 1/25/09 10:22 am - OH
I have been been looking into the DS for about a year and a half and got discouraged by my current surgeon - mainly because he doesn't do DS and wanted to push the Stomaphyx!!!!  I'm so glad that never went through... I recently started actually posting and it seems that the community on the DS board is really strong, and I like that.  Please post your message there...

Oh, and to answer your initial question - NO I have never seen any DS regrets...

Best of Luck!

Kristina
Kristina
LosingSally
on 1/27/09 12:52 am
Check out Duodenalswitch.com for people's experiences. You'll find more openness about good and bad.
Go back a year or two and read up on how everyone's doing. You'll find mostly positive posts, but some aren't afraid to post about their problems on there.
Best of luck on your revision.
fortworthgal
on 1/27/09 5:02 am - Fort Worth , TX
You need to change your user name. Its very degrading and sounds like a TROLL

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

AngieB67
on 1/28/09 1:19 am - Bel Air, MD
Nope!  I'm a VBG to DS revision (2 years post-op).  Having lost 100% of my excess weight and being at a normal BMI, I can absolutely say I have NO REGRETS!!!  It saved my life!

---------------------------------

Most Active