lap band - needle inserted in stomach experiences

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/09 1:00 am, edited 1/30/09 9:18 am - Togo

PekinSal
on 1/25/09 2:24 am - UK
You mean for fills? The needle doesnt go into your stomach, it goes through the thin layer of your skin and into the metal port.

I've had broken nails that hurt more. You don'****ch them do it (look at the ceiling) and you keep talking - my band surgeon would keep talking, and it would all be over in 3 seconds.

I worry though that you're only considering this now - do you really know how the band will work for you? Has your surgeon given you a realistic view of how much you might lose with just a little more restriction? Have you discussed trimming your pouch and shortening your common channel as well? Or having DS?

Living with a band isn't always easy - mine was hell for over two years. Make sure you're sure because surgery of any kind isnt fun, and having a band now might prevent you having other revision surgery in the future.

DS revision from failed lapband

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/09 3:23 am, edited 1/25/09 3:26 am - Togo
'inserted into the stomach' is a general overall phrase. 

Michele S.
on 1/25/09 4:01 am
I have had two fills and one partial unfill.  If the person doing the fill is good no problem.  The only time I had any trouble was the first time when we had to find the right stop on the port.  My surgeon is really good.  He stands with his back to you while he prepares the needle, At first I thouhgt is wsa jsut the room set up but he also keeps the needle out of sight until arter you are done.  If you are ot sure maybe ask the surgeon what to expect, they are all a little different, some use floro (sort of x-ray) to do fills, some only if they can't find the right spot on the port of if you are having issues.  If you want to know more aobut band procedures try posting on the and board all kins of stories and support there.  Any other quesions I will be gald to answer if you pm me.

Overall for me it has been a good experience lost 60 since being banded in july and still losing.  Takes work and need to watch diet but I am guessing that is true of all WLS.

Hope you find your answers.

Michele S.
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

411 / 210 / 200
pycca
on 1/25/09 12:58 pm - Haslet, TX
Well I had my port on side of abdomen then changed toits present site right between my breasts on the sternum,,,,,
,best place !!! when you are lying down, it is like a little bump and because it is there It does not have any feeling it is numb!!!  I know sounds really squemish, but it is way better than my abdomen..... I broke out in sweats sometimines,  like one said just don't  look, keep talking or use fluoro...

catherine T.
on 1/26/09 9:34 am - lindenhurst, ny
hardly feel the needle go in.
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/09 12:58 pm - Togo
I hope my experience is the same. i pray pray pray to god it is. 

Most Active