My consult is today!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/09 8:58 pm
WooHoo!!!! I'm so excited, nervous and everything inbetween.  I dont know what to expect, but I will def update when I get home, I know there are several of us on here, just starting out the revision process.
Sharon_66
on 1/22/09 9:11 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Good luck Shawna!
Debbie M.
on 1/22/09 9:33 pm
Good luck Shawna,  it is really quite exciting. I'll be watching for your posting on how it all went.   I'm at the test phase, have a bone density, echocardiogram and upper GI scheduled over the next week.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

stina1979
on 1/22/09 9:39 pm - OH
YEAH Shawna!!!  I can't wait to hear what the doc has to say...

Kristina
Kristina
505dardar
on 1/22/09 11:18 pm - albuquerque, NM
Double woohoo!!!  I'm right behind you - can't wait to hear all the details!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/09 2:13 am
A big fat UGH! is all I have to say!
The dr wouldnt even see me because #1, my original RNY Dr didnt send my chart over and #2, the GI Dr I saw for the Upper GI, did the wrong test!  Talking about pissed and dissapointment.  So...I have to get the right test done, but am now waiting to see who the heck has to order it, my pcp or the GI Dr.  Plus, where I went today, they told me that UNLESS there is a mechanical failur, dont even bother coming back, the dr wont see me. SO......I'm gonna take it easy, breathe and calm down, get this test done, see what the results are and then go from there.  I mean, with my BMI and Co-morbs I thought I could still possibly get a revision, but I guess not from this dr.  Maybe this isnt the right dr for me.
Anyway...I'm going to try to not explode from being so mad.
Debbie M.
on 1/23/09 3:20 am, edited 1/23/09 3:21 am
I'm so sorry to hear that Shawna.  Why didn't they tell you what was expected of you when they made the appointment? 
You have no way of knowing if there's a mechanical failure until all the tests are done.  I've kind of backed into my journey. I paid the $300 consult fee, took orders from the surgeon on the tests he wanted done, gave them to my PCP to order, then the PCP will send results  to the surgeon who will determine what's going to happen, with procedure, insurance, etc. 
It took about 15 minutes to have my surgical notes sent over from the original surgery, it's not a big deal.
I would look into seeing another surgeon if this one is being so challegining to deal with. Jeez, you've barely gotten out of the gate and sounds like they're being a bit nasty.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

stina1979
on 1/23/09 5:07 am - OH

I'm SO sorry Shawna!  I would have been livid!  I know if I drive all the way to Toledo for my appt. in a couple of weeks and they give me that load of BS - ****'s gonna hit the fan!

Are you sure that you want to stick with this guy?

Kristina
tochatty
on 1/23/09 7:25 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Oh I am so sorry - I can somewhat relate to your feelings.

I saw the revision surgeon in Oct or so, he told me to have an Upper GI done.  I went to my PCP to have that ordered.   I called the imaging location and scheduled for an Upper GI, went in for my appointment.  Come to find out my PCP wrote it for the wrong thing too.  So they said they could not do anything for me until I had a corrected order.  I explained the situation to them and they said, if possible to have the revision surgeon send them the order so they know they do the right thing.

So I had the revision surgeon fax in the order that day, I rescheduled that day to have the procedure the following week.  I went in the following week and they said they could not read the order.. LOL.  Come on are you serious!  So again they had to call to have the surgeon fax ANOTHER order.  This time at least they did the procedure without sending me home.

So I called my surgeons office the first week of January to schedule a follow up, at that time they did not have the results yet but we scheduled my office visit for the 21st so we figured that would be plenty of time.

I went into my surgeons office on the 21st and they asked me if I had an appointment, unforteunly something happened with the scheduling and I wasn't on the schedule and too, they still did not have my results.  So this was okay, becuase I told them since the surgeon was not going to see me on this day I would go striaght over to the imaging location and get the films and records.  So I finally had my consult yesterday.

Hang in there though, I do understand!

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/09 11:52 am, edited 1/23/09 3:41 pm - Togo
What is your bmi and what are your co-morbidities? What type of place did you go to? A clinic? A private doctor? What? 

It is not necessary to have mechanical failure with the rny in order to be eligible to have a revision.

it is surprising how little the people working in the bariatric offices know about 'revision'.

a lap band can always be put on over a rny. it is for portion control as opposed to a new stomach pouch. one doesn't have to have surgery failure for that. if you have gained weight you are a candidate. just keep looking around. you are a little wiser now. get an upper g.i. and continue searching for that doctor that is going to be your doctor.

P.S:  you might want to start a new thread on what happened after your consult. I say that because i almost didn't look at this thread thinking it was about your upcoming consult. not what took place at the consult.   

Most Active