Have my date - Yay

jillagin2000
on 1/21/09 7:03 am

I'm scheduled to be revised from Lap Band to RNY on 2/4.  Think good thoughts for me :-)

I've told my boss that I'll need a week off if he'll let me spend the first week back working from home (I work on a computer at a desk).  Otherwise I'll need two weeks.  Of course, now's the time when my company is bargaining with our unions and I'm management.  I may not be able to take the time off at all -- no PTO approved during a strike.  If that's the case I'll have to decide if I want to delay my surgery or take Short Term Disability.  What fun

MARCIAM
on 1/21/09 12:32 pm - Sayville, NY
I too had a revision from Lap Band to RNY.  It was the best thing I ever did. Try not to put it off if there is any other option.  It has made such a big difference in my life and I hope you will be just as happy as I am.  Good luck!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Anneff36
on 1/21/09 3:17 pm - cedar park, TX
 Thanks, this is what I needed to read right now.  I have my surgery on the 28th, Lap Band to RNY and am having second thoughts. I had my band un-filled in April and it feels like forever and lots of delays. Finally it will happen and seems un-real. 

jillagin2000
on 1/21/09 10:31 pm
Hey, you know... whatever I can do to help.   My parents have just purchased non-refundable tickets to come out here from Seattle to take care of me so now I can't delay this :-)

You know I had second thoughts too.  When I found out it had slipped I was just going to have it removed.  There were reasons I didn't do the RNY originally.  But the more I talked to my Mom (an almost 8 year RNY veteran) and researched online the more I realized I could do this.  Then I got all excited about RNY.
Most Active