Are revisions harder to approve?

Irem170
on 1/21/09 9:55 pm - Fresno, CA
I have Anthem Blue Cross ppo and was approved with in a week, and just had my revision
01/14/09 8 days post-op. If you have any more question just ask.
Meri
7/7/2003 170lbs
01/14/2009 Revision 12lbs...so far!
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/09 10:09 pm - AZ
Good job on your weight loss. Keep up the good work....
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/09 5:40 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Wow, congrats on your surgery 8 days ago. How are u feeling?
Irem170
on 1/22/09 6:39 am - Fresno, CA

Thank you!  I feel great! I want to do more than I am suppose to of course. But I work full time and everyone I know works so it is like being on vacation by yourself But my 4 month old grandbaby that I have not seen yet is moving to grammy town! The will be here on the 24th then I will have somthing to do! How are you? and thanks for asking

Julia G.
on 2/5/09 8:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
I am interested in talking to you.  I have Anthem and am in California.

My surgeon has basically told me my only solution is stomaphyx.  But I am reading RNY people are having lap band and other procedures I am really not that familiar with.

Can you share your story with me?

I had RNY in 2004.  Lost about 100 lbs but never really went below 200.  Now I am 220!!  I can eat almost anything and a lot more than before.  My family still thinks I eat a little - but I guess a little compared to how I used to before RNY.

What are my options and who should I see?
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/09 10:07 pm - AZ
Hi Angela,

I had my revision to a ERNY on July 2, 2009. I took 10 mins to a approval from Healthnet medicare advantage plan. We were all in shock that it took that quick. I had a copy of the revision guidelines ahead of time and made sure I had all of the documentation they needed. When I had my original RNY in 1997. I was  about 430 pounds  and got denied 2 times. Did appeal got denied. I hired a lawyer and got denied. That was BC/BS of AZ. The revision guidelines were very simple and had very few requirements. I would ask for a copy of the revision guidelines from your insurance or see if you can download them I did and take them to Dr Husted. He has a good reputation. Good Luck !!
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/09 5:41 am - Elizabethtown, KY

10 mins?  That is awesome!

babsintx
on 1/22/09 3:25 am - GA
I had United Healthcare and they paid for my revision from lapband to sleeve. I am sure they would have paid for DS. The approval took two weeks, but the band removal was medically necessary due to a slip.

Babs

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/09 5:42 am - Elizabethtown, KY
I hope my approval is as fast as your all's has seemed on here. I'm so excited to go meet Dr Husted Monday and see whats happening.
Most Active