Are revisions harder to approve?

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/09 4:27 am - Elizabethtown, KY
I have Anthem Blue Access PPO and had open rny 3/24/05.   I am seeing Dr Husted next week for a revision to a DS.  Anthem has said that they cover these revisions and I'm just wondering is it harder to get approved for a revision than the first time around?  Anyone else been down this road?
LizMoore
on 1/19/09 4:50 am - San Diego, CA
When my doc put in for a revision it was origionally for the gastric sleeve,but the sleeve as a surgery in itself wasnt something that had its own code and not approved my my ins company,,at the time United Healthcare..so we went ahead and put in for the RNY and it got approved in three weeks..keep in mind tho,,I had a series of fills and unfills with my band for 3 1/2 yrs,,so I had a big file !

Best luck on your approval !
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/09 5:32 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Thank u....
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/09 9:49 am
I'm just starting the revision journey myself, I have my EGD tomorrow then meet with the surgeon on Friday, I'll keep ya updated, you do the same...between us and the others, I am sure info will be helpful.
I have Cigna Open Access in VA.
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/09 1:55 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Cool, let me know how it goes and I'll keep ya posted on me too.
I'm on myspace under www.myspace.com/sweetnsassynky last name Russell to add if ya want.
christina B.
on 1/20/09 12:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi i also has Anthem Blue Access PPO  and i went yesterday to my dr. i had my RNY in Sept 2003 by what i have read on the Anthem site they should cove it if the BMI is over 40 and you have been under Dr care for 6mts for weight loss from what i understand it should be coverd he is going to do a RNY Revision on me just waiting to be approved i go for lab work tommorro.
Good Luck to you
Christina B.
RNY 2003 *************Start weight 320   
Revision March 11,2009***Weight*****243
Current weight ******************** 179.8 just overweight
Goal weight **********************175
Got my WII Fit 11-2009
                                                     sexy

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/09 1:51 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Cool, thank u! I've seen my doc every month for a year now for the weight and for my severe reflux issues. Thanks and let us know when u get a date. Best of luck!
jass28
on 1/20/09 2:05 am - A Town, NJ

It depends, I had BCBS of CA PPO and was approved within 3 weeks.

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/09 5:43 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Wow, 3 weeks is alot better than the 6 months my old insurance co took for my rny almost 4 yrs ago.  Congrats on the baby!
jass28
on 1/22/09 11:27 am - A Town, NJ

Thank you very much.  Baby was definetely a surprise.

BTW the reason why it even took 3 weeks was before my insurance lost all the paper work and when my surgeon's office called 2 weeks after submitting the paperwork they had to resubmitt.  So in reality they only took 1 week to approve.  Stay on top of your insurance company. 

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

Most Active