Stomaphyx

JMC
on 1/18/09 9:34 pm - Ellicott City, MD
Has anyone heard of this procedure?  Has anyone had it performed after an RNY?  It's done endoscopically and it's supposed to lessen the stoma opening?  Please let me know.  My doctor had mentioned this procedure as a possibility for me about a year ago but then he said it was too new and he wanted to study it more.

Joann
pepsi98
on 1/19/09 5:56 am - Norwich, CT
On January 19, 2009 at 5:34 AM Pacific Time, JMC wrote:
Has anyone heard of this procedure?  Has anyone had it performed after an RNY?  It's done endoscopically and it's supposed to lessen the stoma opening?  Please let me know.  My doctor had mentioned this procedure as a possibility for me about a year ago but then he said it was too new and he wanted to study it more.

Joann
Been there, done that, paid $10,500 and it didn't work.  I had a lap band placed over my old stapling on 12/10 and so far I am happy with my decision.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

nurse4lyph
on 1/19/09 8:46 am
I am looking into revision and this was one option I did inquire about --- I was told that it is really only for indiviuals with 20 pounds to loose and insurance will not pay for it --- seemed alot $12 - $15,000 to pay for 20 pounds...

Good luck!
jk_harris
on 1/19/09 12:34 pm - Westminster, CO
My doctor just did his first Stomaphyx.  It actually makes the Pouch smaller as well as the Stoma.  It is actually done by the GI doctor and the Bariatric doctor, together.  It was done on a friend of mine and it has only been about a month since she had it done, but she is loving it!  One of the testing places was done here in Denver, CO out at Colorado University Hospital.  It has been approved by FDA and is taking off.  Good luck to you if you decide on it.  I can't say what I think as it is to soon, but Sue is loving it.
Judy
lauralisi
on 1/20/09 5:47 am - Dona Ana, NM
I did the stomaphyx post rny.  Wasted  $8,000.00
jonathan R.
on 1/21/09 7:42 am - east meadow, ny
 Stomaphyx doesn't work.  Look into the ROSE procedure.  Dr. garber in NY does it.
Most Active