UHC

toninj
on 1/17/09 1:46 pm - piscataway, NJ
HI.  I am in NJ and have UHC.  I had gastric bypass 3 years ago and have gained back 50 percent of my weight lost.  How would I go about starting the revision process?  Anybody go through them before?  Which type of revision do they cover?

Revision on 05/27/09

Nita S.
on 1/18/09 12:46 am - Avondale, AZ
Depends on your policy.  I have UHC and it took me almost a full year to get approval, not because they would not cover it, but they did not have a criteria for revisions, and kept changing what I needed to qualify.  Once they had that set in stone, I was approved.  Good luck on your journey.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

toninj
on 1/18/09 2:32 am - piscataway, NJ
Thanks for your reply.  I have a couple of more questions.  How did you get started?  Did you have to start a case with the health management section? 

Thanks again!

Revision on 05/27/09

jillagin2000
on 1/19/09 1:57 am
I'll chime in - find a surgeon in their network that performs the surgery you want and schedule an appointment.  Make sure with them and your insurance (customer service number on the back of your card) that you don't need a referral and just go.  The Surgeon's insurance coordinator will get the ball rolling after you and your surgeon have discussed and agreed upon a plan of action.
Most Active