insurance coverage

koukla
on 1/15/09 10:31 am - a city, CT
does insurance cover revisions?  
brandlin23
on 1/15/09 1:03 pm - Ft. Wainwright, AK
Each insurance company is different in what they will and will not cover. You just need to look at your coverage and see if yours does and what the requirements are. If you post what insurance company you are with perhaps someone on here and shed a bit more light for you. HTH
koukla
on 1/16/09 8:06 am - a city, CT
my insurance is HealthNet and I know when I had the orginal surgery I had just made it in just before they stopped covering the bypass.  But I will call on Monday and see what they say.
thanks.
Msdragonz
on 1/16/09 4:09 am - NEPA, PA
The best thing to do is to call your insurance company-or look it up in your manual. Mine is being covered by fepblue. I am being revised from gastric bypass surgery to ds on the 26th.

Good luck!
Robin

"Friends will help you move, real friends will help you move bodies.."
koukla
on 1/16/09 8:05 am - a city, CT
thank you.  I think I will call monday.
good luck on your surgery.
Tammi H.
on 1/22/09 5:52 am

I am also wondering if anyone has had a revision on medicare/medicaid, they paid for my gastric bypass and I am now 35 + pounds up from the lowest, and the lowest weight was 30 pounds from a good bmi. So that now means I am 60+ over weight and I seem to gain a little every month. So if anyone has any iformartion I will be so very greatful for you sharing and I thank you ahead of time. Thank you and God bless.

Tammi

jtrandall
on 2/7/09 6:15 am - TX
Some insurances do cover revision.  I was recently approved for a RNY to DS revision by Aetna.  It was actually easier than I thought to get approved.  First thing to do is get a copy of weight loss surgery policy from you insurance company.  This policy should tell you what you have to do.

Jim
Most Active