I'm Approved!

jillagin2000
on 1/15/09 12:41 am
Yay!  I spent half of last year trying to get my revision approved by UHC to no avail.  Decided to switch insurance companies and am finally approved, on the first request!!!  All good signs!  I'll let you all know my date when I get one!!!  happy dance going on over here!
Kari44747
on 1/15/09 12:53 am - crosby, TX
congrats,, good luck with the surgery.
lalala2
on 1/15/09 1:55 am - Winnetka, CA
Congrats !!!  So glad to hear your great news !!  Keep us posted. 
Lorie2
on 1/16/09 7:23 am
Just wondering, does your other insurance UHC have an exclusion for revisions or bariatric surgery? I also have UHC and I'm looking into a revision from RNY to DS. It sounds like mine insurance wants me to get pre approval before surgery. Did you do this? UHC covered my first surgery.

Lori
MsDeniseinPA
on 1/17/09 3:46 am - PA
congrats!
jillagin2000
on 1/18/09 1:12 am
I'm sorry for the delay in answering you Lori -- for some reason I can't access the site on my home computer so have to use my work one.  United Healthcare, at least my companie's plan, has no outright exclusion for bariatric or revision surgery but they do have a rule that states the patient must have a documented  minimum 5 years of BMI of 40+ and since my 5yr old band worked I've been below 40 in the past 5 years.  Even with two appeal letters written by obesitylaw.com we couldn't get them to read for comprehension.  I'm not looking for a primary procedure but to fix an old one that did work and does no longer.  They're idjuts!
Most Active