RNY to Revised RNY?

Nicole S.
on 1/14/09 4:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
I would like to chat with someone who had RNY and lost the weight but regained it back and now had a revised RNY...

That is my case... RNY 7/2005 ... RNY Revision 2/9/09...
robinjoy
on 1/14/09 7:34 am
What type of revision are you planning?
lalala2
on 1/14/09 9:44 am - Winnetka, CA
Well, I had RNY surgery in 2001, went from 325 to 225, then slowly regained my weight back.  I am now 300, and am in the process of determining my course of action.  I am leaning toward a revision of my RNY, however one bariatric surgeon also recommended a lap band over my RNY.  I should know more by the end of the week.  Let me know how it goes with you. 

lalala
Ramgon
on 1/14/09 9:20 pm - Palmdale, CA

lalala,

have u been back to Dr. Crookes?  I have my first appt. w/ him next week and was wondering the kind of experience you had with him? 

since i'm new at this, what kind of revision to the rny would you have?

thanks and good luck.

lalala2
on 1/14/09 11:04 pm - Winnetka, CA
I saw Dr. C right after the first of the year.  He really took his time and listened to my whole WLS experiences.  He did not make an immediate recommendation, which I thought was good.  He wanted to know all about me first.  I also liked the fact that he does all of the WLS procedures, so he would choose the best revision surgery option for me vs. some other doctors who will just recommend the surgery they perform.  I have to say I came fully armed though, since this was a second opinion I already had a prior endoscopy, upper GI, psyche consult, nutritionist eval, etc.  The only thing I didn't like was the fact he may have to perform the surgery open vs. laprascopically; that scares me a little.  Dr. C said he would know more after the endoscopy, so wish me luck. 
Ramgon
on 1/14/09 11:39 pm - Palmdale, CA
Thanks for the reply. I want the DS and am concerned about open vs. lap, also. When is your endo? 

I've read good things about him here, and hopefully, since I have history of unstable BP and cholestorol, even after a year of meds, plus I had 3 strokes a year ago in March, he will agree that because of the lack of fat absorption, the DS would be best.

While i like the fact that the RNY can, and often, is done via lap, I'm hoping the DS can be done via lap, too.

I will let you know about my first visit w/ him and we can keep each other updated on our progress. 

I was so excited when I saw you lived in Winnetka, since I lived right down the street from that "metropolis" growing up. I lived on Sunnybrea and would walk to the college and visit the farm animals on the weekends.

Looking foward to keeping in touch...good luck and hope all your prayers are answered

Mo

Talk w/ you soon.
lalala2
on 1/15/09 1:58 am - Winnetka, CA
My endo is today at 1 p.m. 
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/15/09 2:04 pm
Yes, the DS can be done lap, as mine was. Also, I had inherited issues with blood cholesterol, and just had my one year labs yesterday. My cholesterol and blood fats were AWESOME, not to mention my BP, blood sugar and sleep apnea cured! I think you are one the right track thinking about the DS, as others with your same issues have had resolution.
Ramgon
on 1/15/09 2:39 pm - Palmdale, CA
Thanks for the feedback.  I will post my findings w/ Dr. C and also the final decision.

Will keep in touch....and glad to hear all went well with you.

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/09 9:44 pm
Seems like there are several of us at the same point in this journey of revision.  I had RNY in 2001, currently looking into a revision.  I have my upper GI and appt with the surgeon next week.  Cant come soon enough, I am so impatient!
Most Active