questions on pre-op for revisions?

Lorie2
on 1/12/09 12:34 pm
I am looking into having a revision from a RNY to Ds. I have a consult on Jan.22. My question is do you have to go thru ALL of the pre op testing like I had before my RNY.  I had a psych eval, a lung and heart test, blood work, there is probably more that I can't think of.  I was hoping things don't take as long the second time around. Anyone know the answer?
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 2:08 pm, edited 1/13/09 1:45 am - Togo

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 9:01 pm - AZ
Anytime someone has surgery you must get preop testing. So they can catch anything before you go under the scapel.Than they can treat that first and make sure your in good enough shape for surgery. If I was the surgeon I would want all my patients to go thru the Pulm, Psych and all other test to be on the safe side. Good Luck !!
ginau
on 1/12/09 9:15 pm - mesa, AZ
Lorie

Everything good in life  comes with Costs!  most likely  your tests will be easier this time around, you have lost some of the weight already and being that you have gone thru tests before . you know what they are all about and will go smoothly.  Hang in there... It's all worth it in the end.

My second time aroun d, I did not have to do the stress test,

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

hotdrama
on 1/12/09 9:18 pm - IL
yes,

This goes to the insurance company as WLS in most cases like myself I have been going through the psych eval, classes and diet.   Same as last time just a shorter period due to compliactions
Debbie M.
on 1/13/09 12:04 am
I just had a revision consult last week for the same surgery and actually am going through more tests that the first time around.  Need to do the psych exam, normal blood panels, chest xray, echocardiogram, nutritionist and upper G.I.   The minimum I've seen is Upper G.I., blood work and psych exam, your surgeon may have other tests he/she wants to run depending on your health history.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active