sclerotherapy

sweetchef
on 1/11/09 2:55 am - West warwick, RI
 Hi all! just wanted to put a quick post.  I  had endoscopic sclerotherapy about 5 days ago.  I am in the liquids only phase for the next 14 days then i go to pureed foods.  I go back for a second endoscopy in 6 weeks and Dr. Thompson of Brigham and Womens in Boston will see if if the dialated stoma is closed to his liking. Just wanted to let people know about the experience.  I'll keep you all posted on any weight loss. (down 2 lbs now) If this is not a success Dr. Lautz will be doing a break down and rebuild of my original RNY.  Anyone had any luck with this process? Dr. Lautz wouldn't do my revision until I tried this so....we see what happens!  Thanks guys for listening
RNY2002
on 1/13/09 7:06 am - MA
Hi.

I just had endo sclerotherapy today with Dr. Thompson too.  Pls. let me know how you are doing.  I too will go back in six weeks for a check up.

Good luck!
sweetchef
on 1/15/09 6:03 am - West warwick, RI
 Hi! bad news! Everything was fine after the surgery then Monday nite I felt really gurgly inside and ran to the bathroom and blood began pouring out of me! I just got home from the hospital!  I needed 5 units of blood and an endoscopy to find the source (ulcerations all around the injection site) and stop the bleeding.  They think I had a reaction to the scleosing solution.  Sooo....I don;t know whats next for me. How are you doing?  
RNY2002
on 1/15/09 10:26 pm - MA
YIKES!!!!!!!!!  That's so scary considering I just had it done on the 13th! OMG.  Now I'm scared.  I feel fine though.  I actually have restriction when I drink which is awesome! 

Did you feel any of this coming on?  Is there anything I should watch for?  HELP! 

Now I'm nervous.

Hope you get better soon.

Sorry to hear.
RNY2002
on 1/15/09 10:28 pm - MA
Now that I think of it, I think you had surgery just before me on the 13th!  My treatment was done at 11:00 am.  They said that I was right after his 7:30 am case.  I bet it was you!!!!!!!  I think I saw you!!!
sweetchef
on 1/17/09 12:24 am - West warwick, RI
I had it done on the 7th. It was totally out of the blue! No pain or anything.  Weird. I'm sure it will be ok.  Ill keep you posted.
Most Active