I know I need a Revision but I'm stuck...

PekinSal
on 1/13/09 6:16 am - UK
You should perhaps take time to think about what's holding you back. It's really hard, especially when you had your hopes set on losing weight with one surgery to accept that it isnt doing what you dreamt of. I felt the same way about the band - this was the 'way out' that I'd been looking for.  And then I realised eventually that it wasnt.

But then you have to think about what the alternatives to revision are. In my case it would have been worsening health - blood pressure, diabetes, problems with joints and movement, and just feeling crap all the time. Sometimes though they seemed less 'in your face' scary than lying down on that operating table for the second time...

I had to accept that I suck at diets, that if I could have sorted this on my own I would have, and that I needed the best help I could find. Thats where I started - just talking to possible surgeons, not committing myself to anything, just 'checking it out' with no pressure. The surgeon I eventually had just gave me so much confidence that I felt safe going ahead with it. I was still terrified on the day, but it was manageable terror!

The first thing you learn on this forum is that you arent a failure and you aren't alone. Whatever you decide, whichever surgery (or none) we'll support you. You take your time.

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active