Surgery went well

Hazeleyes922
on 1/9/09 11:52 am
I had a revision from lap to RNY on 1/5/09.  It was lap and it only took 1 1/2 hours.
Dr. Barba did a wonderful job  and everything went fine. He discharged me from the hospital on 1/7/09 and have tons of questions.  Now... I know every body is different but I am always open to suggestions.  It seems that when I have cold drinks my chest and back get a little pressure, also I find it difficult to drink the amount of liquids I am supposed to.  I don't feel hungry and I could really just not eat but I know I have to and I do.  I am not "jumping" up and down with energy but try to also move around the house.  How much did you exercise when you came back home from the hospital, were you able to drink everything they asked you?
Please share your experiences with me.
Thank you
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/09 11:04 pm
It's been a while since my RNY, but I do remember not being able to drink much, not wanting to eat AT ALL and I did not exercise other than walking to relieve the gas pressure.  I ended up needing B-12 shots cause at 6 weeks out I could barely even climb out of bed, once I got those, I was fine.  I do remember just sipping, sipping, sipping on drinks all day long, but at first that was even difficult. 
Conrats on your surgery and being home.  Hope you continue to feel good.
emjayel56
on 1/16/09 9:46 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
hi hazeleyes, how are you feeling?  I had a band in 01 that needs to be revised to RNY. I already canceled surgery once due to cold feet!  Now waiting for a new date in Feb.  Please share your experiences and if you recommend it.  thx
Most Active