FINALLY...Got A Surgery Date!

Cheryl J.
on 1/8/09 9:48 pm
I went for my Surgery Consult yesterday after being approved for a Lap band over my RNY. The coordinator had a cancellation for next week, and asked if I wanted that date. I said are you kidding me, of course!  I went for Pre-Op right after I finished with them and the paperwork. I cannot believe that I am actually going in for a Lap Band next Wednesday. It is so unreal to me. I have been trying to get this surgery since the Spring 2007.

May 2007: My BMI was way too low

July 2007:Then I was considering going to Mexico.

August 2007: Got laid off from my job, and lost my health insurance

December 2007: EROS study, but procedure DID NOT WORK, NOT EFFECTIVE!!!

March 2008: Got a new job, but horrible insurance. WLS exclusion clause

May 2008: Sclerotherapy, VERY TEMPORARY, restriction lasted for a hot minute, and painful procedure.

June 2008: Due to the economy, got laid off again, lost health insurance

September 2008: Got a Federal Govt job, great insurance! 

December 2008: Approval

January 2009: Revision Surgery, YEAH!!!!
JRinAZ
on 1/8/09 11:07 pm - Layton, UT
Sweetie!  Your tenacity should be published!  Me thinks you have been living right to not only have a fabulous new job in this economy BUT a great start in 09 with your band!  I sincerely hope this is the golden ticket for you and that your chronological journal has ALL positives on it!!!

Keep us posted!  Sending warm fuzzies and prayers your way for a successful revision!

Hugggzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Cheryl J.
on 1/9/09 12:15 pm
Thank you Joyce! I am so excited...I feel like I am getting a 2nd chance!  I would have never thought I would be getting the Lap Band over my RNY. I am so glad that I didnt give up.
Most Active