41 lbs down after revision! Woohoo!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 2:02 am
Had a revision with Dr. Lautz in Boston on 11/24... He reduced the size of my pouch and stoma as it was created 3xs too large to begin with back in 2002. He dealt with a mess of adhesions that were causing my organs to attach to eachother and a kinked bowel too... it was a long surgery and my spleen ruptured during surgery but things worked out fine and I am on my way...again! 
 I am feeling better every day now... still vomiting at times but that too is improving...
Nita S.
on 1/6/09 2:04 am - Avondale, AZ
Second chances at health are so awesome.  Good luck on this wonderful journey. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 2:07 am
Thanks! You are right it is awesome and I truly never thought I would get another chance!
MsDeniseinPA
on 1/6/09 3:34 am - PA
what a great update!  Congrats to you.
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 5:48 am
Thanks Denise I was so excited I had to share! It has been a long time since I have lost anything so this is pretty thrilling...
Hey how did you get your ticker to track your loss?
Valerieb09
on 1/6/09 9:32 am - Seacoast, NH
I am glad to see you posting.  I looked for something after your surgery date and didn't find anything.  It sounds like you are doing great despite a difficult surgery.  Mine was difficult too but Dr. Lautz is the best!
You are off to a fantastic start!  Congrats!
Valerie

P.S.  I just wanted to mention that my Adopt-A-School for BJ's for my Nashua Club is the Spaulding Memorial School in Townsend.  Your community wa**** pretty hard by the ice storm according to my PTO contact.  I had to cancel my in club Welcome Event that was on the day of the ice storm.  We rescheduled and will have it on January 17th.
Fatfreedom
on 1/6/09 10:58 am - NH
This is great to hear!

I have a consult with Dr. Lautz for a revision on 2/12.  I am so nervous, but you give me hope.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 3:20 am
Believe me (and several others) you are in good hands with Dr. Lautz. Extremely skilled surgeon.  Best of luck to you and keep us posted...Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 3:18 am
Hi Valerie, it was difficult and the recovery has been tough but all worth it. I honestly think that the best move I ever made was going to see Dr. Lautz, he is the best!
Spaulding is very close to my home, my kids went there... Yes the storm really paralized our town but there were others nearby that had it much worse...
Take care and hope to run into you sometime at a follow up at Dr. Lautz'
MsDeniseinPA
on 1/6/09 12:44 pm - PA
go to tickerfactory.com to create a ticker.  make sure you put a PIN in so that everytime your weight changes, if you just click on it in your siggy you're taken directly to the site to make your updates and once you save it automatically updates your tracker in your signature.

to put it in your posts, go to my account, signatures and copy and paste it once.  .Save it and you should be good to go.
Most Active