New Procedure?

georgiapeachs
on 1/5/09 10:24 pm - Atlanta, GA
Has anyone heard of something called Scholara? Not the proper way to spell it. The girl that had it said it was like an endoscopy and it took about 30 minutes outpatient. They open up a tube? Not Stomaphyx.
RNY 08-15-07 From a 24 to a 10!!
TheresaG
on 1/5/09 10:56 pm - Midland, MI
It is called Scletherapy, I had it done in Grand Rapids MI on 11/14 and have lost almost 20 lbs.  Some people say it doesn't work and some have been successful.  I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of food I take in and have been following their reccomendations of three meals a day, not drinking before, during and 45 min after a meal and only one snack a day.  During the procedure the Dr. said that my pouch was not stretched and still very small and the stoma was 15 cm (I think it is cm or maybe mm), so pretty enlarged since it shouldn't be any bigger then 10.  They said that being stretched is cause by flushing your food through after eating, which in turns causes you to be hungry in an hour or two which means you are snacking and taking in too many calore and boom you have gained weight.

I hope this has helped you.

Theresa
georgiapeachs
on 1/6/09 7:07 pm - Atlanta, GA
That's it! Thanks so much. It's good to know there is something out there to help that the insurance covers too.

Elise
RNY 08-15-07 From a 24 to a 10!!
Most Active