GETTING LAPBAND OVER MY FAILED RNY

Melissa L.
on 1/5/09 9:13 am - Garden Grove, CA
I had a lapband in 2-2004 and the weightloss was slow but steady...then I started to pu**** and I got down to 100lbs, Im 5/7!  my behavior earned myself a slippage & I had the band removed 2-2008.  In 4-08 I ran out and got the RNY and ....NOTHING!  I have actually gained 8 lbs since my RNY.  WHAT THE ????   I never had retrictiion and lost weight initially with the liguid diet and then nothing!!!   I guess I'm a bit of a freak in nature...I dont know. 
Now I am having a new dr. look over the upper GI X-Rays, I just sent them to him today.  I want him to give me a 2nd opinion and see if he can see any reason why I haven't been able to be successful w/ this surgery.  Anyways my RNY Dr. agreed to put the band over my failed RNY; she thinks this is my best option.   I know I am not the only one that has decided to do this but when I find a posting about on this topic it is usually old and I try to email them directly but no luck.  
Has anyone else done this and how successful have you been?  What about slippage, is it less likely now because of more scar tissue..I am still nervous the band slipping again...   I really want to connect with other Lap band over their RNYers...I know you are out there...I would love to hear from you!!!   Thanks Melissa
pepsi98
on 1/8/09 6:48 am - Norwich, CT
On January 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM Pacific Time, Melissa L. wrote:
I had a lapband in 2-2004 and the weightloss was slow but steady...then I started to pu**** and I got down to 100lbs, Im 5/7!  my behavior earned myself a slippage & I had the band removed 2-2008.  In 4-08 I ran out and got the RNY and ....NOTHING!  I have actually gained 8 lbs since my RNY.  WHAT THE ????   I never had retrictiion and lost weight initially with the liguid diet and then nothing!!!   I guess I'm a bit of a freak in nature...I dont know. 
Now I am having a new dr. look over the upper GI X-Rays, I just sent them to him today.  I want him to give me a 2nd opinion and see if he can see any reason why I haven't been able to be successful w/ this surgery.  Anyways my RNY Dr. agreed to put the band over my failed RNY; she thinks this is my best option.   I know I am not the only one that has decided to do this but when I find a posting about on this topic it is usually old and I try to email them directly but no luck.  
Has anyone else done this and how successful have you been?  What about slippage, is it less likely now because of more scar tissue..I am still nervous the band slipping again...   I really want to connect with other Lap band over their RNYers...I know you are out there...I would love to hear from you!!!   Thanks Melissa
I had gastric stapling in 1982, lost 120lbs and just had a lap band put over my stapling on 12/10/08.  I go for my first fill on 1/15 and am looking forward to some restriction!  I'm doing well, have lost a little bit, and any weight loss before restriction is a bonus!

So far, this was a good choice for me.

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active