woman lost weight and committed suicide on cruise ship?!

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/09 3:17 pm, edited 1/3/09 3:19 pm - Togo
I just read something about a woman who committed suicide by jumping off a cruise ship after losing a ton of weight through wls. someone posted about it and then was told by someone else that they had posted about it a page or so back and then someone posted that that person had blocked a lot of people off and for that person to post it again. so, what????

did a woman lose a lot of weight through wls and then jump off a cruise ship and commit suicide?

anyone know about this?

cuppyb
on 1/3/09 5:39 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
Is this the woman from the NCL ship?  I go on the cruise boards a lot and I thought they were still investigating how she went over board and no one there has mentioned WLS.  

Would be interested to know what happened though.  

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/09 7:03 pm - Togo
I just happened to accidently stumble across this but I am trying to find out more about it. 

blueskiesagain
on 1/3/09 10:12 pm - Birmingham, AL
Someone had posted the article a few days back.  I think she went over on Dec 24.  She was a journalist, and had been married a short time; there was also a previous complaint against this husband for "head butting" her at another time, but she asked that the charges be dropped.  According to the reports, this woman had a previous history of Mental Illness.  The last I heard of the case, they were still investigating.

Katrina B.
on 1/3/09 10:55 pm - Prestonsburg, KY
From what I understand the lady had a history of mental illness. I say that because I don't want anyone to think her suicide and her WLS were connected. She had a blog here on OH..
sandyfeets
on 1/3/09 11:22 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Yes, she lost weight via WLS...but she had other problems that weight loss doesn't fix---like deep seated depression.   There is actual video footage of her going overboard... NCL security video clearly shows a woman in a white bathrobe falling over the railing. 
This story happened the week of Christmas....

Read below

OH Member, Jennifer Seitz-Missing
posted 5 days ago

Please keep Jennifer in your thoughts and prayers:

Missing from the Norwegian Pearl: About Jennifer Seitz
jseitz.jpgMissing Norwegian Pearl passenger Jennifer Ellis Seitz was a freelance writer who had struggled with weight issues in the past and been married twice in the last two years. Jennifer was on the Pearl with her new husband Raymond Seitz and an older woman named Donna Ellis. Ellis is Jennifer's maiden name, so it seems likely that Donna is her mother.

Jennifer Seitz married Michael Rich on June 5, 2005, but the marriage clearly didn't last long. By early 2008, she was married to Raymond Seitz.

Jennifer and Raymond were both members of ObesityHelp.com. There they each kept diaries of the run-up to their respective lap band surgeries. Jennifer actually had two -- diary 1, diary 2. Both were clearly the work of someone accustomed to expressing herself, and were filled with wit and hope. Raymond had his own diary here, and it was more terse and to the point, as well as reflecting his devotion to Nascar, particularly racer Dale Earnhardt Jr. In a note near the bottom of the diary, Raymond wrote about Jennifer:

When I started this journey in august 2002 I would have never dreamed that I would have been this succesfull I did everything I am suppose to and still do I take my vitamins and get my blood work done reguarally It always comes back awesome my doctor said I have deffinatally done well so hurray for me Thanks to all who have helped me along the way and expecially my surgery and lifelong friend Jen Ellis ( who by the way is such a hottie and has done wonderfull for herself)...

The story of Jennifer's disappearance from the Norwegian Pearl on December 26 is still confusing and full of holes. Whatever happened the other night in the western Caribbean, it added up to tragedy for those who know and love Jennifer Seitz. The question now is this -- was it a personal tragedy, only dragged into the news because of the exotic locale, or a domestic tragedy and a crime?  We'll probably know very soon. If we don't, you'll be hearing about Jennifer Seitz in the news for many days to come.

Read full articles here:
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/12/missing_from_the_norwegian_pea.php

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/09 4:23 am - Togo
Thank all of your for posting to my thread.

And particularly thank you 'SandyFeets' for posting that article. What an interesting story. Too bad. So sad. Christmas sometimes brings out the most grievous heartache in people. For many it is such an unhappy time.

Well, I guess it shows that losing weight doesn't make everything okay. Doesn't fix all things.

Again, thank you all for posting.

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/09 4:55 am, edited 1/5/09 11:11 am - Togo
Oops.

Most Active