Surgery on Monday...very nervous!!!

cuppyb
on 1/3/09 5:45 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
I think its completely normal to feel that way.  I sat here in my computer chair the night before crying thinking about the surgery and then the actual day I was a basket case when they started to wheel me in.  All of my surgeries I remember going into the operating room and getting positioned, I was so upset they ended up pushing more meds through the IV and last thing I knew my husband was kissing me and I don't even remember going through the doors to the operating area.  

I kept thinking what did I do wrong with the band, why am I have all these issues, what got me to this point that I need another WLS.   In the end it was the best thing I ever did.  I have no regrets about getting my band, I learned a lot about what to eat and what not to eat, about following a strict regimine and what happens when we slip, and about making healthy changes for myself.  It has been 9 weeks since my revision and I have lost over 50 pounds already and have no regrets.

Keep us updated on how your doing.  You'll be in my prayers. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

SheriAZ
on 1/4/09 1:21 am
I had my revision on Dec 16 and felt exactly the same way. Same thoughts and concerns I know what you are going through and its normal I had a 3 hour drive to the hospital and I told my husband to turn around and go home 10 times at least He finally said ok and of course I told him not to be stupid I just wanted to say it not do it I put my trust in my surgeon and in God and together they got me through Go with your feelings and know its ok to be scared this is a really big change for you in so many ways Ask for support from everyone and don't let anyone make you feel like your questions aren't important they are important to you There are wonderful people on this site who will help you every step of the way Good luck tomorrow and remember as soon as you can get up and walk It really does help SheriAZ
fortworthgal
on 1/4/09 2:36 am - Fort Worth , TX

Congrats on your upcoming revision. I am so glad I had mine. Just do one thing. Ask your doctor about blood clots. My revision surgery went fine but a couple of weeks later we discovered I had deep blood clots and ended up being in the hospital for a month and having 3 more operations. All because of blood clots.
As far as losing weight, I thought I would be the one person who would fail but  Im losing and so close to my goal weight. Its been a lot easier than with the band.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

lisabelll
on 1/4/09 4:24 am
I am SO with you right now!!!  My revision is scheduled for Tuesday (1/6/09)!!!  I go from being really excited knowing this is exactly what I was meant to do and then I start planning things for my husband to do in case I don't survive it    ugh!

I like what PP said, that if God has brought you to this He will bring you through this.  I think I may have to write that out and read it the morning of surgery!!!

Hugs    I will be praying for you!!!

Lisa
Hazeleyes922
on 1/4/09 11:45 am
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your words. I will post as soon as I am back home.
You are wonderful!
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/09 10:45 am - Togo
Well, it is Monday night and your surgery is over now. I am wondering how you did? How are you feeling? Aren't you glad it is over?

A bright future is ahead. I am so excited for you.

Most Active