Surgery on Monday...very nervous!!!

Hazeleyes922
on 1/3/09 10:00 am
I am scheduled to have my revision (band to RNY) on 1/5/09.  After all these years of thinking about a revision, then finally making the decision to have it and trouble with my insurance, now I am almost there. I am extremely nervous about this procedure.  I have lost some weight due to the liquid diet and attended to all my pre op appointments.  I can't help to feel very emotional with this big step.  I would like to only concentrate in the happy outcome of this surgery but can't help to wonder what if something goes wrong with the surgery, or what if once again, I don't loose the desired weight? I am not having this new surgery due to vanity, I really need to be healthy and this is my only way out.
I am sorry to sound pessimistic.  I am open to words of encouragement , anything that you can tell me as well as your prayers will be greatly appreciated.
thank you friends
Anneff36
on 1/3/09 10:53 am - cedar park, TX
I feel the exact same way. I have my revision on Jan 14th and after all the problems getting to this point, I am getting really scared about the surgery.  I just keep telling myself that I need to get on with my life. With all my problems with my band, I feel my life has been on hold. We need to think that God wants us to take control of our lives and we are doing what is best and this is what it takes to become healthy. I am sure everything will be fine and I will be praying for you on Monday. 

Hazeleyes922
on 1/3/09 11:10 am
thank you so much Anne. Let's put our lives in God's hands. If He brought us to this point He will see that we will go though it just fine.
I go from very excited to very scared.  I need to have faith that I will do just fine with this second chance in life.  I will also pray for you.
Lorie2
on 1/3/09 11:14 am
I just want to wish you luck and lots of prayers your way!! Things will be fine for you. I had RNY and I am looking into a revision. (stoma has stretched) I'm sure I will be in your shoes someday! Good luck and take care!!
Hazeleyes922
on 1/3/09 11:31 am
Thank you Lorie. may I ask you how long ago you had your RNY? how much did you loose?
what type of revision are you exploring?
Lorie2
on 1/4/09 12:43 am
I had a RNY about six yrs ago. My stoma has stretched and I have gained about 50 pounds back. I lost about 118 pounds and now its creeping back on. Food seems to go right thru. I'm looking into a revision from RNY to a DS or an ERNY. Good luck on monday!!
Lori
MARCIAM
on 1/3/09 11:38 am - Sayville, NY
I just wanted to wish you lots of good luck! I had my band out in August and a revision to RNY in September.  It is the best thing I ever did! I didn't have a single complication. I feel healthy and I am very happy I did this.  I pray that everything will go just as well with your surgery!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Hazeleyes922
on 1/3/09 12:35 pm
Thank you Marcia,
I enjoy your messages and replies to other people as well. I am glad to know that now it is working for you without complications.
Thank you for your prayers I really need them.
God bless you in your journey
Debbie M.
on 1/3/09 1:37 pm
You guys are going to do great.  I had an RNY 7 years ago and I was scared too - it all went fine and the pain afterwards wasn't near as bad as some cramps I've had in my life.  The worst part of the surgery is the anticipation of it  - these guys do surgerys like we brush our teeth - the mortality rate is no worse than having any other procedure - you've hired professionals who know what they're doing. 

It's so natural to feel the way you are - but spend your energy thinking about how much better you'll feel when the weight comes off and how much healthier you'll be.  Best of luck and can't wait to hear how it all went.
happy girl
on 1/3/09 1:53 pm
You will be ok!  Have faith in your surgeon and their program.  Follow what they tell you do, keep all of your post op appts, stay on track and you WILL be ok

good luck.  Post when you can afterward and tell us how you are feeling!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active