Gastric band revised to other method

Sue W.
on 12/30/08 12:32 am - CO
Does anyone know what the statistics are for people who start out with the band and then have a revision to RNY or other?  It seems like there are a lot of people who have had the band removed and then revisions.  Any idea of the percentages? I am researching what kind of surgery would be best for me and my ins. co. only covers one procedure per person.  Thanks
Sue   SW 234/CW 182/GW 130    5'3"

charleston-mom
on 12/30/08 12:56 am
I have a revision from the band to RNY last August (a year ago August) and have lost all my weight and am down to 110 pounds now (BMI of 19.5). I'm not sure what the percentages are, but I absolutely hated the band.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/30/08 10:14 am
There are lots of band to DS revisions on the DS board that are rockin it. I suggest you go the the DS board and make a post to them. Most are very well informed, and happy to share what they know. Good luck!
fortworthgal
on 1/3/09 3:27 am - Fort Worth , TX
I dont know the stats but I am another lap band to RNY. I am so glad I did it. I had so many problems with the band.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/09 9:13 am - TX
I'm a revision from RNY to DS.  Since your insurance only pays once, why don't you check out the DS board.  I would advise you to count how many DS 'rs you see needing revisions.
Most Active