How do you "know"?

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 9:59 pm
Is there really any way of "knowing" that you need a revision, aside from the medical tests?  I have heard of a "pouch test"...getting ready to research that.
After eating just about anything, I feel very bloated and appear pregnant, doesnt really matter what amount I eat.  I'm on ulcer meds, have been since 2001, so I dont think it's an ulcer issue.  I've had my gallbladder out, not sure if that matters or not.  I guess I'm just looking to see what your symptoms of needing a revision were, other than weight gain.
TIA
Debbie M.
on 12/27/08 2:23 am
I'm in the same boat you are - looking into a revision because of the weight gain.  I'm going to see my PCP on 05Jan and ask him to refer me to a revision surgeon.  From there we'll do labs to take a look and see what's happening, he'll get my surgical note and let I'll let  him tell me what's going on.   Lord knows I've been no angel in the eating dept. but can't eat near the amount I use to and am just about the same weight. 

Anyway, regardless of the "whys", I need to deal with this demon once and for all, I won't make the same mistakes twice.

I wish you the best of luck through your journey.
Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/08 7:09 am - Togo
A revision does not have to mean something came undone with the wls.

all wls have a life span. all of them do. wls is meant to help us get to a place where we can take over and hopefully maintain.

having said that obesity is a disease. and not just biological or even genes. from generation to generation. it is emotional too. and goes back to our childhoods. how we relate to food.  

in maintaining weight one needs to deal with psychological issues in regards to eating as well. that is seldom taken care of after the wls. 

anyway i am getting side tracked a little here.

revision is something to look at if you have gained weight. some surgeries like the lap band are done to help one get control again. it doesn't have to mean your pouch is stretched out of shape. it may be intact but isn't effective anymore. thus a lap band that can be adjusted accordingly is a revision possibility.

So ... that's my two cents worth. 

Most Active