I'm DIScouraged today

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 10:45 pm - Phx, AZ
I don't get it.  I am 5 weeks out from my revision.  I'm doing well, food-wise.  Eating/Drinking/Pooping. 

I started this process at 181.  Tuesday,I was 159 and I was thrilled.  Today, just 4 days later, however, I am 164!!!  I am a week past my period, so it can't be that.  I don't understand... I am eating my protein, drinking... and yes, of course... POOPING a TON.  I have spent so much time in the bathroom lately, I thought for sure that I was losing again.  I did not eat badly over the holidays...stuck to my food regimen.

Needless to say, I am SO discouraged.  I feel like a terrible failure.  Is this going to be my LIFE???  Am I destined to be overweight??  I just want to cry.
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 10:49 pm
Awwww big (((hugs))) to ya.  I feel the same way, but I havent had my revision yet.  Holidays are a tough time for me, this year even worse.  Maybe it's just timing fo you...I hope things get better and you feel better soon.
Nita S.
on 12/27/08 12:36 am, edited 12/27/08 12:37 am - Avondale, AZ
Oh Lizzie please do not be discouraged.  Anything can cause a fluctuation in your weight.  You are only 5 weeks out from your revision, let your body settle a bit and then it WILL start to loose again.  Your body has been put througha hugh ordeal, and it is taking some time to breath and try and figure out what happened.  Be patient with yourself and keep following the rules and I am positive you will start to loose again.  I am 7 weeks out and I am too seeing the scale go up and down and up and down.  It will happen for you. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/08 4:20 am - Phx, AZ
Thanks a lot.  Since you are a bit further than I am, I want to know... are you having ANY pain from your surgery?  I have been a bit more active this past week... but am finding that I have some intense painful spurts about 4" to the L of my incision (remember I had the hernia surgery.... the incision is about 6" long).  It's just above the waist, and causing some concern.  Should I be?  Does it sound like I may've pulled something... stitches, or muscle???  I dunno.  I am scared to go back to work next week, as I am a school bus driver, and that in itself is going to hurt my abdomen.

ME
Nita S.
on 12/27/08 6:50 am - Avondale, AZ
I do on occasion have some pain in my tummy.  Mine is on the right side (I had 4 hernias repaired that I was not even aware that I had).  It sounds to me like you may have done just a bit too much, although you should at lease call your doctor and see what they have to say about it.  rest and be good to yourself, those kids on the buss can be torture if you are in good health, and even more-so if you have any health issues.  Good luck sweetie, take care of you and let me know how things are going. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

ginau
on 12/28/08 6:30 am - mesa, AZ
Hey Sweet Pea !

Get your butt on the phone to Dr S !!  even if its nothing - he would rather know than not know.  I had a stitch or two that didnt want to disolve and caused me some pain --  hot compress helped - not sure why .. but they did .

your doing great !! dont worry too much about a fluctuation, waterweight can make  scales go crazzy .. water your salt intake.. you will be back down in no time.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

SheriAZ
on 12/29/08 10:40 am
Hi Lizzie I am not too focused these days on the eating right now but it sure sounds like you have it together I don't if this would work but maybe get rid of the scale for a week Then you can be amazed when you lose a bunch Stay strong you have to help me be focused once I get past this little bump in my road. Hugs and encouragment. SheriAZ
mew6495
on 1/2/09 12:17 am - MI
 Hi Lizzie,

I also had weight fluctuations.  Especially at real early out.  I still have them now occasionally but they do not seem to be as drastic.  You are doing the right things.  Your weight will stabilize.  Be patient.  You have done GREAT so far and your body is adjusting.  The scale for me is still going in the down direction, sometimes faster, sometimes slower.  Yours will too.  

As far as the stitch in the left side.  I also had this, same side as yours,  sounds like same area, quite a bit the first 6 weeks out.  I called Dr. S. and he asked me a few questions and then thought it was just part of the healing process.  He advised me to keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if it did not improve to call him back right away.  Mine went away.  But it still returns occasionally, especially when I overdue it.  It is hard to remember, even after almost 16 weeks out.  The body can take a year or two to completely heal.  Take it easy and be sure to get the rest you need.   Call Dr. S.  None of here are doctors and he can at least put your mind at ease or make another recommendation.  He is absolutely awesome this way!

Hand in there honey, you are doing fabulous!

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/09 8:11 am - Phx, AZ
Well, you are right.  The pain only comes a bit now, and esp when I REALLY overdo it.  I have been getting ready for company...so that means extra stuff.  I cannot believe that today marks 6 weeks!  Altho it didn't seem so during the first 3 weeks, as of NOW, it seems to have gone by so quickly. 

As for the weight fluctuations, it IS discouraging... esp when it dropped so quickly, and then back up...just like after my RNY.  In reality, I SHOULD NOT complain, because I am a totally different person, physically.  For the most part I like what I see in the mirror.  The exception is the hanging stomach skin, filled with fat...  This time around, it is really making me feel panicky, tho... the sight of it.  Do they make a home tummy tuck kit?  If so, let me know where to buy one.  I'm sure it involves a vacuum...perhaps a shop vac.  ha ha.

Thank you so much.  How are YOU doing since your revision??  Let me know, my friend!

Lizzie G
Most Active