Getting My Sleeve from Blue Cross!

Half_of_Maria
on 12/24/08 1:02 am - MD
Thank you all for your support and suggestions about what to do if Blue Cross did not come around on approving me for the gastric sleeve.

Wha hoo!!  I just got the call from my Dr's office that I am approved!!

Now full steam ahead for Jan. 6  -- talk about a gift on El Dia de Los Reyes -- the Day of the Kings (Epiphany)

It was probably good for me to go back and re-read all of my options, so I am even more committed to my choice.  The sleeve is the right way for me to go!  And I looked at the "no action" option as well, which reconfirmed why I need to do this.  (the 6 -- count them -- SIX  comorbidities are bad, bad news -- limits to my protein sources of an allergy to fish and not eating pork for religious reasons -- need to still have access to red meat  -- and need for periodic prednisone for my asthma -- which can cause ulcers in a RNY patient) probably tipped the balance with Blue Cross.  Thank God, I didn't have to eat enough to raise my BMI to 50 -- I don't think I can eat that much every day any more!

I'm so happy, I'm dancing in circles (good exercise)!

Merry Chirstmas, Happy Chanukah
Maria

Linda R.
on 12/26/08 11:07 am - WPB, FL
Congratulations!  That is really great news!  I wish you the best of luck and a speedy and pain free recovery.

Linda

(Ticker includes 25 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active