is it considered a revision

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 12:18 pm - Holland, MI
if I went in for my gallbladder out and my dr also 'cinched" up my pouch with a line of stitches?
mew6495
on 12/22/08 9:32 pm - MI
 I would think that any procedure that altered your original wls in any fashion would be considered a revision.   

How is it going?  Do you have more restriction back?
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 10:46 pm - Holland, MI
Well I was only 7 months out and my dr is very awesome.  He knew I was starting to struggle and said he'd "take a look" while he was in there to see if he could do anything.  I am on liquids til christmas day, then mushies for 2 weeks.  From what I can tell I have gotten way more restriction back.  Basically one mouthful of fluid fills my pouch.  He is a godsend.  I was still technically being a success, but the timing of the galbladder thing was just perfect.   This will also give me more time to work on me mentally.
mew6495
on 12/22/08 10:55 pm - MI
 That is so awesome!  Then you got lucky in a manner of speaking.....  so many times they remove the gall bladder when they do the RNY originally.

Have a great holiday!
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 12:27 am
I had my RNY in 2001 and just had my gallbladder out in Feb of this year.  I wish they had done it with the WLS, not sure why they didnt.  I battled issues with my gallbladder for several years, it took a while to get to the actual removal for some reason.
Most Active