feeling very important

JRinAZ
on 12/22/08 1:16 am - Layton, UT
Wow!  I flipped on the forums this a.m. to see my name in bunches of places.  I'm feeling a bit awed by the fact that someone would go to so much trouble to wage a shmear campaign again me?  ......  The role of Scrooge this year is now being played by  (she can fill in the blank).

I have always said that I am an open book.....Anyone want to know anything about me personally then just ask me!  ..... I'm not sure why I'm the only one on this forum that is required to post my resume and defend my choice for Revision but to those who know "me" well and know that I am a champion for everyone's good health will hopefully just read over the junk and move on......see a sheep in wolves clothing?

As has been posted for months, I work for Dr. Mazaheri who is a plastic surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ.  He focuses part of his practice on weight loss patient's and does a fabulous job.  This makes him very popular within the Phoenix area wl community and also with the Bariatric surgeon's who are continually asked by patient's for their "opinion" as to who they should go to.  We definitely value the referrals we get from trusted pcp's and surgeon's. 

I personally champion Bridges (Juarez & Fang) because my DH and I both had our original surgeries there and I have been a volunteer for years with them.  I LOVE their comprehensive program!  ....  I champion Dr. Schlesinger because he was my revision surgeon and I did have the opportunity to get to know him personally through work association.  I champion Dr. Blackstone because I feel her surgical skills are superior to many and that Scottsdale Bariatric has a fabulous comprehensive program......I have always championed Dr. Simpson as being one of the world's best lapband surgeons.  I have yet to meet a surgeon who gives personal response and time to his patient's in an old fashioned country doc approach as Dr. Simpson does.  There are many other surgeon's in the AZ area that are sought after by many for one reason or the other.  I recently sent a relative to Tucson for her vertical sleeve to see Dr. Chiassom. 

I believe and hope that others believe as well that this forum is for support.  I feel that "encouragement, cheerleading, information, etc." is a positive form of sharing and that by digging up or creativing dirt just shows a person's true character.

I will NOT respond to anyone's bashing.  If someone has an issue with any particular surgeon then take it up with them, their office, or the medical board.

As for my health that has been questioned?  I continue to struggle for energy and balance with my labs.  I have medical help and advice at present.  I do believe completely that the answer to my issues rests in nutrition and not in having another surgery to this point.

I wish all the best in trying to get their Revision answers and their post-op issues resolved.  Few of us have a perfect weight loss journey!  But, as I've said repeatedly, I have done what I've done for a better quality of life.  I continue to press forward with that same philiosophy.

Merry Christmas All!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 2:05 am - Togo

I read your post. what are you talking about? generally if you are addressing a post you will copy and paste it. i understand you are refering to several posts, but maybe you could post some here so others know what you are talking about.

i have things i'd like to say but i won't. i can see you are terribly upset.

anyhoo. try to calm down. you have spread yourself so thin and involved lots and lots of  people in areas of your life where they shouldn't be.  many of whom are strangers, or merely acquaintances and not entitled to know your personal business. your relationship with those type of people is not personal. personal is family and close and i mean close friends who know you and have caring feelings for you.

pull yourself back. and put yourself back together. your all over the place.

get in touch with yourself and stop trying  to come up with quick and what you think are witty 'come backs'. be real. be yourself. be the person you really are. 

sweetie, the world does not revolve around you. truly. it does not. i am on the forum often and i myself have no idea of what you are talking about. there will be many who don't. 

and feeling 'important' doesn't relate to what you posted. that is one of those comebacks you consider 'witty' and it's not. be honest. be real. and come back down to earth. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 2:34 am
On December 22, 2008 at 10:05 AM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:

I read your post. what are you talking about? generally if you are addressing a post you will copy and paste it. i understand you are refering to several posts, but maybe you could post some here so others know what you are talking about.

i have things i'd like to say but i won't. i can see you are terribly upset.

anyhoo. try to calm down. you have spread yourself so thin and involved lots and lots of  people in areas of your life where they shouldn't be.  many of whom are strangers, or merely acquaintances and not entitled to know your personal business. your relationship with those type of people is not personal. personal is family and close and i mean close friends who know you and have caring feelings for you.

pull yourself back. and put yourself back together. your all over the place.

get in touch with yourself and stop trying  to come up with quick and what you think are witty 'come backs'. be real. be yourself. be the person you really are. 

sweetie, the world does not revolve around you. truly. it does not. i am on the forum often and i myself have no idea of what you are talking about. there will be many who don't. 

and feeling 'important' doesn't relate to what you posted. that is one of those comebacks you consider 'witty' and it's not. be honest. be real. and come back down to earth. 

Why are you posting to her then? Adding to her pain? YOU sure need to gather your ego and figure out that she doesn't want or need your type of advice either. You sound very condescending, yet you state you have no clue as to why she has made this thread? You need to take your own advice "sweetie".
Sweetsmile1955
on 12/22/08 4:07 am
I think she is talking about the Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Gitt post if you look for it on this site just a few postings down from this one.

Basically, Joyce is always saying that these are great doctors when in fact they have had many complaints against them.  Joyce herself has not had the greatest results from her surgery and was not truthful in stating so.  But kept telling people to go to these doctors when she knew that there were many complaints against them....including problems with her own surgeryies.

Most likely there is money involved and the fact that she may get a percentage of money from the people that she sends there and her boss owns the building that she works in means that she is not being ethical in stating the truth.  I think it is a matter of ethics -not championing people who are really not good surgeons....championing truth and helping people go find ethical and competent doctors....not super incompetent doctors.

Always research your doctors....don't just rely on this board.  There are many wonderful people on this board as well as those who pose as patients or fronts to get new clients for these doctors *****ally don't have good reputations in the medical community in their own home towns.  There are a matter of ethics and many people do not have any ethical bones in their body and only want to make a quick dollar regardless of how many people do get hurt from their recommendations.

I don't intend any ill will, but do think it is important to uncover the truth in order to help people make an honest decisions based on the authentic results of these surgeons...not lies and half truths. Please, Joyce, tell the truth.  Don't cover up your situation with omissions...there are real people out there who can be and have been hurt by your recommendations that were not in the interest of the patient but making money with the surgeons.

Just my two cents!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4mCNqI/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w4mCNqI/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 6:20 am, edited 12/22/08 11:36 am - Togo
Thanks for your post. I did read that post and wow. It explains a lot about Joyces post. They are always such hypes.

I can see there are 'kick backs' involved and that irks me. that is corrupt. so deceitful and uncaring.
how horrible to take advantage of women who are desperately seeking medical care.

Thanks to those of who did your research and pieced it all together. Wonderful.

It irks me that someone is making money off what is intended to be a 'support'  forum. I knew there was something wrong about her posts. I knew it.

anyhoo ... it's christmas. So Merry Christmas to you'all.

ginau
on 12/22/08 8:32 am - mesa, AZ
Just Curious here.  why the attack on Joyce today??  Is this how  we want to spend & remember the Holidays ?  what happened to peace on earth and goodwill towards men  or in this case women ??

I personally only believe about 60% of what I read .. and I remind myself that everyone  has their own " version" and there are many more out there to read. 

In this case I personally know Joyce and can testify  that at least 85% of what she says  is true and consistant.

Ya know there is just too much Drama on this board. ~ I am off to find something better to do.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 12/22/08 2:54 am - MI
 Hey Joyce,

I understand your frustration with the type of negative info others are posting about you.  I also read it this morning and was taken back on how blatant it was.  Take it for what it is worth.....  for those of us you have helped we know the truth and what you are about.  Unfortunately on an open forum some people misconstrue and take things a bit personal.   I for one am grateful for the continued support you have shown to me, a stranger to you none the less, through my recovery and learning of my revision process.

It's unfortunate you have to continue to defend yourself in matters such as these when people try to tear down your worth.  Hang in there.   Keep telling your story.  I appreciate it! 
StacysMom
on 12/22/08 6:28 am
 I am relatively new to this board and mainly lurk, but what I am finding here is appalling!   What I have found, by reading back through various threads, is that someone is on here pushing the doctor who did her revision and when DIRECTLY asked if she were his employee, she said "no" - that she works for someone else (a plastic surgeon)  in the same building as said doctor.   That was months ago.  Then someone a few days ago  put up a link to somewhere on the web where it DIRECTLY states that this person's BOSS (the plastic surgeon) actually does own the revision doctor's company - so, in fact, the person DID WORK FOR THE DOCTOR WHO DID HER REVISION.  She was basically posting glowing reviews of someone she worked for!   Which, I don't have a problem with - it's just that she shouldn't have lied about not working for him in the first place!   

Interestingly, she has left the employ of those doctors and is now working for different doctor/company and is actually on here COMPLAINING about her revision, when she was raving about how wonderful it was when she was working for the previous MD's.   So, it appears that her opinions change according to who is employing her at the time.   To an outsider, who has not been an active part of this board, this does seem very suspicious. 
pepsi98
on 12/22/08 7:32 am - Norwich, CT
On December 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 I am relatively new to this board and mainly lurk, but what I am finding here is appalling!   What I have found, by reading back through various threads, is that someone is on here pushing the doctor who did her revision and when DIRECTLY asked if she were his employee, she said "no" - that she works for someone else (a plastic surgeon)  in the same building as said doctor.   That was months ago.  Then someone a few days ago  put up a link to somewhere on the web where it DIRECTLY states that this person's BOSS (the plastic surgeon) actually does own the revision doctor's company - so, in fact, the person DID WORK FOR THE DOCTOR WHO DID HER REVISION.  She was basically posting glowing reviews of someone she worked for!   Which, I don't have a problem with - it's just that she shouldn't have lied about not working for him in the first place!   

Interestingly, she has left the employ of those doctors and is now working for different doctor/company and is actually on here COMPLAINING about her revision, when she was raving about how wonderful it was when she was working for the previous MD's.   So, it appears that her opinions change according to who is employing her at the time.   To an outsider, who has not been an active part of this board, this does seem very suspicious. 
I guess the key here is to be very careful  of crossing boundaries.  This is a forum for information sharing and support and I think we need to be careful when we start to cross the line and start recommending providers for any services.  I think it does a disservice to the providers and to those patients who may have very different experiences than others.

We are all equals on this forum and yes we are entitled to our opinions, but we go too far when we stop being just plain "people" and become business boosters.  Five people could go to the same surgeon, have the same procedures and all 5 could end up with very different results.

Let's just be real patients and leave the business of office ethics and protocol in the office.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

JRinAZ
on 12/22/08 7:38 am - Layton, UT
On December 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:

I guess I'm on trial today for whatever reason. Sooooo.....in the interest of further slander, speculation and insult, I will try and address the slams and accusations.

I have NEVER been employed by Dr. Eric Schlesinger.  IRS will NEVER find any record of AZWLS on any of my pay stubs......He did do my revision.  He is a fabulous man and an excellent caring surgeon.  Yes, my former employer was Dr. Gitt (I was his Post Bariatric Program Director) who did in fact rent out office space, share employees, o.r.'s etc. with Dr. Eric Schlesinger (as mentioned, the sharing of o.r.'s and such is done by many practices).   I have not received, nor do I receive any financial gain from either of these surgeon's for any Revisions that have been performed by Dr. S as has been stated.  Nor do I receive any financial gain or otherwise from any Bariatric surgeon for telling others of their skill and their practices.  I am a big girl who has an opinion and I am happy to share it with others if I think they will benefit from it.

If anyone has any issues with Dr. Gitt and/or Dr. Schlesinger, please take it up with them.  I have not seen either of them since I left NVPS in October for a (in my opinion) better position.  My choice of jobs has to do with many things and none of them are related in any way to ANY Bariatric surgeon.  I simply sought out the employment of who I felt was the #1 Post Bariatric P.S. in AZ and was fortunate to be offered the job.

I direct people towards what I consider to be good things.  Period.  All should be responsible for their own research and I always encourage that of others.  I myself sought out several opinons and surgeons before deciding on my revision type and my surgeon.  The fact that I have had some post-op issues has nothing to do with the quality of work or the kind of man that did my surgery.  It simply is proof that things can happen and that all results may vary.  I don't think I have ever slammed Dr. Schlesinger in any way; even if I have said positive things about other Bariatric surgeons.  I would not do that.  He has done his best in my behalf and it has been my choice (as it is all of yours) to seek other opinions.  

I hope all of you take this bunch of "stuff" today as the linching that it is!  I hope y'all ask yourself what this person (person's?) agenda is?  If anyone does a thorough review of all of my postings in my lifespan on O.H.; I think the trail of support should speak volumes.

I put my job title in my own signature line (per the permission of O.H.) so I'm wondering how that can possibly show deception?  ......  I don't recall EVER pushing anyone into Dr. Mazaheri's O.R. for a revision??? 

If someone has a personal vendetta against me then he/she should be honorable enough to take it privately.  This person's accusations are bazaar to say the least.  Over my years as being involved in the Bariatric community, I have received hundreds of P.M.'s asking me for advice.  One such p.m. came to me a few years ago where the person was having a lifethreatening (according to them) emergency and wanted my help.  I gave it to them in the best "anonymous" way I could and they went bollistic because I suggested they get themselves immediately to a nearby U.S. doctor.  I have saved those emails and have gone over them.  How sad that someone's life is so empty that they have to spend their Holiday creating dirt on someone else.

So, maybe before jumping on the band wagon to hang me; consider what the negative poster's have to gain from all of this?  Do they really want to just slam me?  Do they truly want TRUTH in all ways to be made manifest?  I post my entire profile and story and all know who I am.  I have had to practically give my full resume; along with who signs my pay stubs.  WHO are they?  The same poster perhaps with different profiles?  Interesting that Coconut doesn't give any details?  How do we know he/she isn't some surgeon moonlighting to stir the pot?  And then someone posts today that noone has ever heard of but jumps in the middle?  Coincidence?

I was accused a few months ago of fabricating my revision and was told that I was just inventing it to sell surgeries?  Well.....I'm almost 1 year post-op from said fabrication and am 70 pounds lighter! 

What a shame that I can't post my revision issues on this support forum like everyone else can, because that is my way of somehow changing loyalties?   The thing is that I do NOT work for a Bariatric surgeon and haven't since I worked for Dr. Simpson almost 3 years ago.  I'm not even in that business. 

Truth?  Really? 

I am just a gal who has a great job for a plastic surgeon.  I have been fortunate to be amongst the Post WLS crowd because of my choice to serve as a support group leader for almost 6 years.  I promote O.H. because they offer a variety of support and information options.  It has been my privilege to have attended many O.H. events and even to help organize some of them.

I am certainly NOT perfect but for some reason attract those who are determined to invent more than my regular list to complain about.  Jealousy?  Who knows?!

I'm thinking there are some people  in shelters or at hospitals who could use some cheering up....something productive?  

There's no big coverup with me.  I am who I am:  Post revision patient who is below goal, loved her surgeon but is after some help to fix some of the nutrition issues.

.....off I go to have one more protein drink!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active