Just read my insurance letter

lisabelll
on 12/21/08 8:52 am
Although it was approved 12/8 and probably in my house by 12/11 I just read the letter "certifying" that I could have the revision done.  It said that I was approved until 12/29/08.  If I wasn't hospitalized by then then a new certification letter would need to be done  And guess when my surgery is scheduled????  Yep a week after that!!!  Well actually a week and a day, but I digress.  Now it makes me wonder if they will cover it next year or not 

And now I get to call back up to the office and see if the person that scheduled me (and got the certification) realized there was an EXPIRATION date on it 

Just needed to vent, before I start to cry   
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/08 2:19 pm - AZ
I hate to tell you but your insurance company is playing a big game with you. They don't want you to have it done. Than maybe your policy starting Jan 1 2009 and a excludes note that saying they won't cover WLS anymore in 2009. I would call them first thing in the morning and if you don't get anywhere call your State Insurance Commissioner. They will get it cleared up real fast. That's what I do when my insurance tries to pull a fast one on me. P;ease don't cry and fall in there trap. You can PM me and I will help you if I can because I have played insurance company games before. Please keep us posted on what is going to happen. We are here for you !!!
ShayZ
on 12/22/08 11:37 am - Somewhere, TX
On December 21, 2008 at 10:19 PM Pacific Time, Dawn B. wrote:
I hate to tell you but your insurance company is playing a big game with you. They don't want you to have it done. Than maybe your policy starting Jan 1 2009 and a excludes note that saying they won't cover WLS anymore in 2009. I would call them first thing in the morning and if you don't get anywhere call your State Insurance Commissioner. They will get it cleared up real fast. That's what I do when my insurance tries to pull a fast one on me. P;ease don't cry and fall in there trap. You can PM me and I will help you if I can because I have played insurance company games before. Please keep us posted on what is going to happen. We are here for you !!!
Dawn, I love your new avatar.  You look fabulous! I am dying with curiosity about your weight loss but given the current negative environment PM me so I can give you accolades galore.
lisabelll
on 12/21/08 10:55 pm
Well it looks like I freaked out for nothing.  Apparently when they requested ceritfication they have to give a date for the procedure.  She gave 12/19 as the date, so the expiration for that date was 12/29.  Once she got certification she gave them a new date of 1/6.  So everything is still on schedule 

I start my 2 weeks of high protein, low fat, low carb diet tomorrow.
happy girl
on 12/23/08 1:08 am
Good news.  Congratulations!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active