No Coffee??? Really??

SheriAZ
on 12/20/08 11:32 pm
Seeing that I can't do too much else I decided to read some of the different topics on here and I came across one that said no coffee....please tell me that isn't so. They gave me coffee in the hospital. They just told me I can't have creamer. Carbs I can live without, coffee I'm not too sure about.
Nita S.
on 12/21/08 4:53 am - Avondale, AZ
If you asked Dr Schlesinger to go without his coffee, he would probably faint.  I asked him in the hospital and he told me only one cup a day until I was totaly healed.  And then he told me to use common sence (as if I have any).  So I would call and get it straight from the horse's mouth and see what he has to say, and hopefully you have more common sence that I have (I am sure you and everyone else does).

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/08 7:13 am - Phx, AZ

Sheri:

I just had a latte... and I start my day off with a large cup of coffee... sometimes I have decaf, most times not.  I'm just 4 weeks out, and don't find I have a problem.

My_Time
on 12/21/08 8:40 am - Bangor, ME
I just had my revision and was told I could have decaf.  Later I will probably go back to mostly reg but I will make a valid effort with the decaf.  I sure miss my DD's.  Dunkin Donuts coffee is the best I have had from coast to coast.  Too bad it isn't out of New England.  Right now I am in Az until 12/29.
ginau
on 12/22/08 1:53 pm - mesa, AZ
Sheri

Honestly !! You can have Coffee as long as you realize its a negative fluid! Means you need to add extra water to your daily  goal.  it can be viewed as a diuretic .. your going to pee more than you drink ,, just add more water.

Every Dr and program is differant -- Just ask your Dr ....

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

CHRISTINE W.
on 12/23/08 8:33 am
Oh, how I miss my coffee!!

My Dr. said I could not have coffee b/c the caffeine could cause ulcers. I drink decaf tea, but it's not that great.  I guess all Dr's have different rules.
Most Active