post op looking for liquid vits

My_Time
on 12/21/08 9:37 am - Bangor, ME

Just newly post op and need your assist for those who did use or are using a liquid multivitamin.  Went from RnY to DS.  Instructed to get high ADEK multi vitamin.  Saw ad for NHR Epic Ultra liquid vitamin.  Anyone used them?  Interesting web site.  Says he is an OH member.  Thanks  Carolyn

ShayZ
on 12/22/08 11:39 am - Somewhere, TX
Congrats on your revision...I am not familiar with the vitamins but I wanted to give you props.

Have you looked into VitaLady?
My_Time
on 12/22/08 11:51 am - Bangor, ME
Wow Shay Z, love you avitar!  Thanks re:  the VitaLady.  Yes I actually have ordered chewables from them.  Didn't see they had liquid but will re check.

Happy Holidays to you.
Carolyn
(deactivated member)
on 12/24/08 9:31 am
Just curious why you cant take Liquid Geritol or something over the counter?  I honestly dont remember what I took after my WLS.
My_Time
on 12/25/08 8:10 am - Bangor, ME
LOL.  I've never looked at Geritol but the main reason have to have liquid high potency vitamin is #1  After certain revision surgery yo have to maintain a liquid diet for 2 weeks after surgery   and  #2  The extreme malabsorbtion requires a certain per cent age of vitamins and minerals be absorbed.  Particularly ADEK vitamins.  
Let me just correct the 'liquid' part of my search.  It is so much easier to take liquid than the chew vitamins which in most cases taste awful. 
Good luck on you revision journey.
ShayZ
on 12/28/08 12:51 pm - Somewhere, TX
Hey Carolyn, are you still in the market for Liquid vitamins?  If so I just came back from Whole Foods and I found two different kind and the best part is that they are for adults.  I found some adult chewable ones there too and those are the ones I got (I am afraid of the liquid) however ask for the one flavored with Stevia.  I forget the name right now (I am hungry) but I know it only has three sugars.  My chewables have that many and there is no dumping.  Good luck and don't ever say I wasn't thinkin of ya!
(deactivated member)
on 12/25/08 8:26 am
From what I can recall, Geritol tastes awful, but I'm thinking that most liquid vits will.  The chewables, I remember trying them and after a while, I just couldnt even put one near my mouth!  Oh the fun! LOL 
Anneff36
on 12/26/08 2:25 pm - cedar park, TX
 I found liquid vits at costco. I am sure a lot cheaper than most. 

Most Active