Any revision from VBG to DS stories?

tjays
on 12/19/08 9:52 am - burbank, CA
Since I seem to be a problem patient to everyone I come in contact with.........I was wondering if anyone who had a VBG about 10 to 15 years ago and was successful with the procedure or ?
Terri
isaiah54mom
on 12/20/08 10:03 am - bartlesville, OK
Hi Terri, I had my VBG 20 years ago. I nearly died after being sent home. I was re admitted and spent 11 more days in the hospital. I lost 50 lbs during that time due to relentless liquid poop. I now weigh 354 lbs.I also have all the co morbidities that accompany being super morbidly obese. Also that stupid band still makes me barf with very little notice. Some days I can eat everything in sight and other days 1 spoonful of rice, eggs.etc will have me retching all day.You can imagine how far in the toilet my self esteem is. I finally decided last year to get control of what is left of my life. After much research i knew the DS was for me. I am scheduled to have the revision to the DS on 1/29. Dr. Brent Stewart of Tallgrass in Topeka is my surgeon. It has to be open because I have a huge incisional hernia. I am looking forward to this change. So I will be posting and you can feel free to exchange thoughts with me.
peace mz JOJO   ...40 days until my DS

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

Most Active