Dr. Facundus in AL

blueskiesagain
on 12/19/08 6:09 am - Birmingham, AL
Well, everyone one on all of the chat boards was correct.  I did go to see him about a revision, and he was the rudest, crudest individual I have ever met.  I am not sure how he actually has a business.  On top of it all, when I originally called, his nurse said he did do rny to ds revisions.  I asked him how many he had done, and he said "0".  But that he was fully capable because he was a great surgeon.  I figure if he has to tell me, then it prob is not true.  I have not been spoken to that way in a long time.  He not only attacked my weight, but my complete composition as a person.  I will never recommend his services, and I do believe Karma will prevail. 
I have called Dr. Husted many times, but only one return.  I have sent my records, and asked that they call to let me know they received them all, but no return call.  I suppose I will call Dr. Gagner on Monday. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/08 4:27 am - Togo
How awful. I have had similar experiences in the past. Some of these bariatric doctors and their staff can be so snobby and discriminating.

But don't lose heart. There are good bariatric doctors around that are kind.

I have got to have the sweetest kindest doctor ever. And his staff is kind too. So, keep looking and don't let this doctor get you down. Chin up. 

appledoozie
on 12/24/08 8:46 am - Killen, AL
I had an experience with Dr. Facundas that was horrible also.  I made an appointment with him to see about having a revision.  When I went to his office, I had a test done first thing, then was taken into a room and a nurse came in to explain to me that Dr. Facundas charges $5,000 just to read your medical records, and that didn't guarantee that he would do the surgery, and he didn't file it on insurance!!  I was flabbergasted, and angry beyond belief.  I should have been told that on the phone before I made the appointment.  Needless to say, I didn't pursue my revision surgery with him.
I contacted Dr. Husted also, and have been trying to get approval to have a revision from rny to the DS surgery.  So far, my insurance has denied me twice and I have really been upset about that.  I'm trying one more time and hoping to have it approved. 
I would love to talk with you further - I'm in North AL, but if you are seeking a revision surgery - it would good to talk with others in the same boat. 
Good luck!

Cherie
2xacharm
on 12/27/08 5:08 pm, edited 12/27/08 5:09 pm - GA

Hi,

I am seeking a revision to a DS as well. I just wanted to invite you to come on over to the DS forum there is a lot of helpful info there. Come on over and sit for a spell. There's a lot of knowledge to be gained.

DS bound,
Charmed

First goal met: I'm back in my Skinny Jeans!!!!

I maybe down, but I am not out............I AM GETTING MY DS, BY ANY  MEANS NECESSARY!!!

Approved on 04/10/09
Scheduled for my Revision to DS 05/18/09 

Most Active