Revision Date Provided!

sunrise
on 12/18/08 12:31 pm - Riverbank, CA
Wow! I was hoping to have revision surgery for Christmas! Instead, I am able to prepare for a January 30th, 2009 date. I was ecstatic to hear from my surgeon's office this afternoon. Now I have six weeks to plan and prepare. What a gift - just knowing the date. No more "unknown." Whew!~

I have always been in a hurry ~ born two months premature even...God is still trying to get me to understand that His timing may be slightly more in-tune than my own.

Thank you, Lord. (And pass the protein drink....)

Even these few words cannot express the joy of the opportunity before me...Thank you for sharing in the moment.
Sunrise

SheriAZ
on 12/19/08 12:45 am
Congratulations...I just got home from the hospital on Wed. after my revision. You have a little time to prepare and thats good. I had about 3 weeks. It went so fast. I am doing well. I went in at 10am on Tuesday. Surgery at Noon. Went home at 6:30pm Wednesday. I had them get me out of bed by 6pm on Tuesday night and I asked the nurses to wake me every 2 hours so that I could get up and walk and they did. I walked and by the morning my oxygen was at 95%, my blood pressure was great and I felt good. I hope it goes good for you also. I knew that I had to be pro-active when it came to my care and I was. Good luck and I will be watching to see how you do.

Sheri in Arizona
sunrise
on 12/19/08 12:44 pm - Riverbank, CA
Wow! Talk about a quick in and quick out process. This gives me hope. My procedure will be on a Friday, so I am hoping to be home by Sunday evening - don't want hubby and son to be too worried about how to get me home during the week if we can help it. Thank you for the insight to ask for assistance in becoming active again asap.

Please keep me posted as to your immediate progress. I am elated to have found someone I may emulate or ask questions ofso near to my date. (A surgery "big" sister - if you will.)  

What advice would you provide to help me pack a light bag? I know I plan to bring chapstick. Music? Book? Magazine? Puzzle book? Did you bring anything other than your walking slippers.... I don't want to bring too many items.

Sunrise in CA
Sunrise

SheriAZ
on 12/19/08 11:46 pm
I would be happy to do whatever I can to help you anyway that I can. Actually I found that I packed too much. I brought a book and mp3 player...didn't read at all and didn't listen to anything either. As it turned out what I ended up doing was sleeping and walking. Because I asked them to wake me so that I could walk throughout the night when I wasn't walking I slept. Again that was my choice. I was determined. It got where the nurses started cheering me on as I walked the floor. They saw me every 2 hours. There was another WLS patient next to me and I think I saw her walk twice. I read enough to know what was going to do me the most amount of good so I was determined. Ok so here is the update so far on how things are going for me.
I am very sore....not so much on the outside but the inside which stands to reason since things have been rearranged some. Also I get up and down alot. When I bought furniture the last time it sounded like a good idea to get soft and cushy. Not a good idea right after major surgery. Drinking lots of liquids and getting into the proteins. Gas oh my goodness.....and I'm not even eating yet. Other than that all is well. Chat with you soon. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Sheri in AZ
Most Active