Dr Facundus in Alabama

blueskiesagain
on 12/17/08 5:38 am - Birmingham, AL

Does anyone have experience with him doing a revision of a RNY to DS?  I had my RNY 5 yrs ago.  He did a great job but was very judgmental.  When I called to get my records sent to dr. husted, they told me they did the revisions if I was interested.  I have an apt jan 15, and the secretary said he would prob yell at me, that he yells at a lot of people.  Well, I dont have to pay someone to do that; I can do it myself.  I am hoping she was exagerating.  he is closer to me than dr. husted.  Another thing to think about is the experience thing.  Just a lot to digest; if anyone has any experience with Dr. Facundus & revisions, I would like to hear about it.  Thanks!

lauralisi
on 12/17/08 9:24 am - Dona Ana, NM
Please, please, please Cancel that appointment and make one with a surgeon who is
experienced in rny to ds revisions.  Not glb to ds revisions, etc.  Dr. Husted is such a surgeon.  There are others.  Check dsfacts.com.

Also, you are hiring a surgeon.  In essence, you are employing him or her.  That this man would "yell at a lot of people" is unseemly.  You are entitled to be treated with respect.  I would simply not go to a medical provider who was likely to yell at me.  And if one started, I would immediately leave, report him/her to the medical board, my insurance, the better buisness bureau etc!

Please be careful, and get yourself in experienced, compassionate and polite hands.  This is not too much to ask of a surgeon, or any other professional you hire.
lauralisi
on 12/19/08 9:08 am - Dona Ana, NM
Hi,
I hear you went to see Dr.  F.  I am so sorry you subjucted yourself to that kind of treatment and disappointment.  Please check out Dr. Gagner, Dr. Husted and a few others.  I  I'm in the same situation you are in-seeking a revision from a rny to ds. So, if you need someone to help you brainstorm, I'll be happy to help.
And once again, you are hiring this person to perform a service.  You are entitled to respect.

Best of luck to you.

Laura
Most Active