I got Approved yesterday!!!!

Cheryl J.
on 12/16/08 8:44 pm
 I am so happy...  My doctor's office put through my paperwork on Monday for Lap Band Revision, and they got the phone call yesterday that I am approved.  I had the RNY in 2001, went down to 165 and gained back 40-50lbs.  I am hoping that I can lose the weight I gained by this summer.  Its miserable gaining all this weight back. 
Deanne K.
on 12/17/08 12:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations, and best of luck on your new journey.
Cheryl J.
on 12/17/08 8:20 pm
Thanks Deanne... !!!  Can I ask you why did you do the ERNY?  I am going for the Lap Band over my pouch, and it seems like the people who are getting the ERNY is losing a lot of weight.
Deanne K.
on 12/17/08 11:47 pm - Tucson, AZ
After consultation with Dr. Schlesinger, it was determined that I needed a more malabsorptive procedure.  I had 80 lbs still to lose.  When he did my revision surgery, it was determined that I was only bypassed 30cm or 1 foot.  I was not a candidate for a lap band per Dr. Schlesinger as I have a swallowing disorder and a lap band would cause me more problems. 

Yes, the weight loss can be significan with the ERNY, but there is also vitamin, protein deficiencies that can occur.  Too many carbs can cause painful and smelly gas.

You have to do what you feel most comfortable with.
Cheryl J.
on 12/18/08 6:30 pm
Thanks for your response!  I weigh 209lbs right now.  I would like to lose 65lbs, and at least 50lbs so I can wear my clothes again!. I am hoping the lap band revision will take me there.
Most Active