So many questions, don't even know where to start...

deaner226
on 12/16/08 12:34 pm - Hollywood, FL

Ok so here is a little background info...

I had gastric bypass about 3 years ago. I lost over 100 pounds. Well long story short i have gained about 50 pounds back and am able to eat whatever I want again. I had never even heard of the revisions until today on the news, they were talking about the rose procedure and said that insurance did not cover it. I live in south fl. and was wondering what and how to go about looking into this. I no longer have good insurance, so was also wondering about the cost.  Any info would be greatly appreciated on different routes to go, and what success has been found with which revision. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/08 9:56 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I have not seen many good long-term results with the Rose, Stomaphyx, etc. I hope others who have had it chime in, but I have read lots of complaints about them here (that they only really work temporarily, but you're back where you started in a few months).
nean
on 12/17/08 4:06 am - Tacoma, WA
Maybe they could put a lap band around the outlet of your pouch. That would never stretch.

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

amandamorgan
on 12/17/08 5:16 am - MIRAMAR, FL
Hey I am in Miramar.
http://www.hollywoodbariatrics.com/

this is the group that did my surgery. look at website they have lots of info.

Amanda
June 10, 2008--262
June 12, 2009--154
Goal 149

Katrina B.
on 12/17/08 7:40 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Putting a lapband around your stoma is a bad idea. A lot of lap  bands fail and a lot of RNY's fail.. if you add a lapband instead of trying for a better surgery like DS you're downgrading.

Keep your head up and check all your options!

Katrina
Most Active