Dr. Curry really understood and supportive

wings
on 12/16/08 9:58 am, edited 12/22/08 7:56 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL

Wow my vist today with Dr. Curry went very well despite all the negitive stuff said about him DS bashing.  He did not in anyway put down the DS surgery.  He only said he would not recommend it for first time surgery for me.  But he does think it would be good for me to have to finish my goal because I still have a BMI of 46 and that is after losing 120 pounds with lap band which did its job and after 2-years I maintained that 120 pound loss.  I need more than just restriction and RNY I do not want due ot the pyloric valve being removed.  Malabsorption will be a great thing for me due to health issue of my family that I will end up with unless I do something now.  Dr. Curry says I have come a long way and 120 pounds lost makes me not a failure by far.  Dr. Curry really does care about his patients and will set down and and discuss all options with you.  I value his judgment highly.  He has taken very good care of me and I would recommend him to anyone.  I wanted the band over RNY when I had it done and he was on the fence at that time thinking I might not get to goal but DS was not offered and I knew nothing about at that time.  I might have opted for VSG then but maybe the DS would have changed my mind.  That was then this is now and now I see DS as my best option and Dr. Curry recommended me to a surgeon to do so with out any grief. 
Wings

happy girl
on 12/16/08 8:31 pm
WIngs, that is awesome!!!  You have done an amazing job with your lapband and I know you will do really well with a DS.

Best wishes!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

wings
on 12/16/08 10:37 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Thank you, I just can't understand why with protion control you can't keep losing because I really eat so much less than I ever did.  The lap band teaches you that you really don't have to eat a whole lot to survive.  WW is all about protion control and eating what ever you want.  So why can't I keep losing, it does not make any sense to me.  Oh, well I am happy with the 120 but I need more.  I still carry around way too much wt on me.  I am putting this in Gods hands.  If  I am supposed to have the DS sugery then insurance will cover and will get-r-done.
Wings
Most Active