Someone recommended a Boston surgeon to me-who was it?

Valerieb09
on 12/19/08 12:25 pm - Seacoast, NH
Hi April,
My situation was different.  I was a revision from a lapband (which he did) to a RNY.  He suggested the revision as I had terrible trouble eating with the lapband and not much weight loss.  The lapband was a nightmare!  They don't call it diet with a chokechain for nothing.
I guess he will have to have the test results first before he can decide if you need a revision.  I hadn't thought of that...sorry!  He needs to see if your pouch is stretched out as well as your stoma.  He has done a few surgeries for people with these problems.  A few had posted here.
You must have been part of the RESTORE trial he was doing with Dr. Thompson.  I am sure you will get another appt. with him once your test results come back.  If he can help you, he will that's for sure. 
As stated before he often takes on difficult cases that no other doctor will even touch.  He really believes in bariatric surgery and sees firsthand how the results give people such a positive boost in life when they lose their weight.  You know he used to be an oncology surgeon before.
Good Luck!  I hope you hear good news once your test results come back!
Valerie
Fatfreedom
on 1/5/09 10:25 am - NH
Hey April,

How did all your testing go?  Did you go to an info session before seeing Dr. Lautz?  Was he concerned with your diet so much as mechanical failure?  Do you have any idea what your reason for regain was?

How is his demeanor.  I hope things are going well for you!

Erica
Fatfreedom
on 1/5/09 10:27 am - NH
Hey April,How did all your testing go?  Did you go to an info session before seeing Dr. Lautz?  Was he concerned with your diet so much as mechanical failure?  Do you have any idea what your reason for regain was?How is his demeanor.  I hope things are going well for you!Erica
apirl R.
on 1/7/09 2:06 pm
Hello Erica,  I do not have to go to information session because i am looking to have a revision.  Dr. Lautz  wanted me to have the testing first - i have a follow up with him on 1/29.  the part the food exits out has stretched- when i eat, i feel hungry again 15 minutes later.  Dr. Lautz is a wonderful and quiet Doctor.  I hope this information, do you have a appointment with him?
Fatfreedom
on 1/7/09 10:05 pm - NH
I do have an appt for 2/12.  I wonder then if I do not need the info session?  I suppose I should call and find out!
Katrina B.
on 12/19/08 10:48 pm - Prestonsburg, KY
Mechanical failure can cause someone to gain 80 lbs ... and more... and quite possibly all their weight back.
So one cannot assume if you gain back 80 lbs you're non compliant.
pokerchips
on 12/26/08 5:39 am
Katrina you absolutely right.  You cannot use weightgain alone to measure a persons compliance.  You have to evaluate procedure, how procedure was carried out, medications, health conditions, the correct surgery for the individuals metabolism and a host of other variables. 

Change is a Process Not an Event

Fatfreedom
on 1/5/09 10:17 am - NH
Hey Valerie,

I scheduled the first info session and am going next week.  I am really nervous!

Do I call Eileen to schedule an appt now, or wait until I go to the info session?

Thanks-hope you're doing well!

Erica
Valerieb09
on 1/7/09 10:49 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi Erica,
I would call Eileen to see if she will give you a consult appt.  Tell her you are registered for the info session.  Do not call on Thursdays...that is clinic day.  You can call on Wednesday after 12:00 pm each week to see if she has a cancellation for the next day.  You may be able to go in sooner.  One of his other revision patients told me that a couple months ago.
Don't be nervous...you will be in good hands.  He is really good to talk with and really listens to you.  You will be happy to have him as your surgeon.
I am doing very well...thanks.  I seem to be in a major stall right now.  But I am down 80+ lbs. since June 9th so I am not complaining too much.  It is nice to be able to go into the store and buy clothes and not worry about finding your size. I think I have gone down another pants size since I bought a bunch of pants in JC Penney's in early December. I just gave away four large garbage bags of clothes recently to someone at my work.  I can easily bend over and tie my hiking boots...lol.
Valerie

P.S. Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I don't always check my home e-mail as I have my busines e-mail to deal with and sometimes I get e-mailed out....lol.
Fatfreedom
on 1/7/09 11:48 am - NH
Glad to hear you are doing so well!  80 pounds is awesome!  I would like to be able to tie my winter boots with ease!!

I did call yesterday, and she had a random spot open for 2/12.  I am going to the info-session this coming Tuesday and, then I cannot wait for my appointment.

Fingers crossed!
Most Active